Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S3 Stuck in Boot Loop

Hi Guys,

The past week my phone often kept rebooting, and once it reboot, it was stuck on the loading screen - usually id take the battery out and put it in and it would of fixed the issue...

Now its not budging whatsoever... it is constantly rebooting on the loading screen - I tried to get into download manager, after 2 seconds it rebooted so I couldn't do anything.

Can anyone shed some light?

more info:
    I've had it for 20 months, im going away soon so I want to take it with this as the day im back im getting my new phone. I don't want to pay for an early upgrade on a phone which I'm not that fussed about yet...

Thanks

Sam

Global Posts
    23,880 Global Posts
    ROM
    SlimKat

Default Re: Galaxy S3 Stuck in Boot Loop

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Cramphorn View Post
    Hi Guys,

The past week my phone often kept rebooting, and once it reboot, it was stuck on the loading screen - usually id take the battery out and put it in and it would of fixed the issue...

Now its not budging whatsoever... it is constantly rebooting on the loading screen - I tried to get into download manager, after 2 seconds it rebooted so I couldn't do anything.

Can anyone shed some light?

more info:
    I've had it for 20 months, im going away soon so I want to take it with this as the day im back im getting my new phone. I don't want to pay for an early upgrade on a phone which I'm not that fussed about yet...

Thanks

Sam
    Welcome to the forums.
    I would suggest rebooting into recovery and clearing cache.
    Here is how: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Phone Timeline
    What could not be changed, must be endured - New Spring, by Robert Jordan
    Community Guidelines and also here, Developer Rules, and Marketplace
    Mobile Nations Sister Forums: iMore/Connectedly/Windows Central/Crackberry

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Cramphorn View Post
    I tried to get into download manager, after 2 seconds it rebooted so I couldn't do anything.
    Sounds like the 'stuck Power button' issue.
    Some people have reported good luck with smacking the phone against something that's firm but not hard (after all, you don't want to break anything). YMMV.

It could also be that the actual Power switch (on the mainboard, which the little plastic Power button presses on) is stuck.

The easiest way to see if it's a stuck situation is to take the battery out for a minute or so, then put it back in - if the phone turns on by itself, you know that either the Power button is stuck or the Power switch is stuck/malfunctioning.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    GraceA 
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Sounds like the 'stuck Power button' issue.
    Some people have reported good luck with smacking the phone against something that's firm but not hard (after all, you don't want to break anything). YMMV.

It could also be that the actual Power switch (on the mainboard, which the little plastic Power button presses on) is stuck.

Hi, it s the power switch. I have ordered a new one on ebay, now I will need the dexterity of a watch maker to get this accurate!

The easiest way to see if it's a stuck situation is to take the battery out for a minute or so, then put it back in - if the phone turns on by itself, you know that either the Power button is stuck or the Power switch is stuck/malfunctioning.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Had this issue, I smacked the phone against a hard part of my sofa and it worked. Good method even if it's temporary

It happened to me couple of times

i just took the battery out of the phone and hit the power buttom with it. And problem solve. Easy fix

This is a shout out to anyone that is phone savvy.
    my phones battery ran down last night, because i forgot to plug it in.
    This morning when I plugged it in it will not start up, it is stuck on the start up screen.
    I tried to do a factory reset but when I hold the 3 buttons it will not let me get into that screen...however it would let me go to the download os screen. The phone has ran perfectly no problems at all...I'm in the way of thinking it had a memory problem..for a few days before it kept telling me picsart may not save correctly memory to low.
    I love my phone, so I hope someone can help.

Posted via the Android Central App