HELP I can't boot my phone and it keeps crashing when trying to recover it.

Ahsan Zia

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I solved most of the problems told in the title.
Edited:

My phone is rooted and it runs Liquid Smooth on 4.3

Problem 1: Random restarting

Started around 3 days ago when charging it would go off when I was using the phone. This started to happen frequently now for example, opening an app, playing music and scrolling or randomly at most. Another time it happens is in recovery mode when trying to flash recovery or a rom.

Problem 2: Android OS drainage

Not too sure about this but takes up most of the percentage of the battery and sometimes Media takes up most of the percentage

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I think you now have your very own phone shaped brick. If it crashed in between flashing then its done and nothing can be done to save it. Its like if you were a surgeon and performing a very delicate brain operation and someone came in to the operating room right in the middle of the surgery and bashed in the patient brain with a hammer. That patient would be gone and dead with no hope of surviving.

Ahsan Zia

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Oh I manage to solve the flashing recovery problem however i'm in need to fix an auto-restarting problem before I can fix this android OS battery drainage soo I'm less as ****ed as before.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
i'm in need to fix an auto-restarting problem
After four months of trouble-free use on an unrelated ROM my phone also started rebooting randomly. After eliminating most of the other possibilities I determined that something was borked with the ROM or kernel and just nuked the whole phone and started over (with a different kernel).

You may want to try the same thing.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Ahsan Zia

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
After four months of trouble-free use on an unrelated ROM my phone also started rebooting randomly. After eliminating most of the other possibilities I determined that something was borked with the ROM or kernel and just nuked the whole phone and started over (with a different kernel).

You may want to try the same thing.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Nuke the phone like unroot or using apps like "nuke my device"? Completely losing everything doesn't sound too nice atm. I can do everything on my phone right now but it stills frequently restarts especially in CWM recovery mode. One thing I noticed is if you wait a like 10-20 seconds in recovery mode and decide to move it reboots and when you use aroma manager in recovery mode and try to delete something it reboots again. Would underclocking do anything to it? It seems to happen trying to flash large files such as a gb file but doesn't happen for files that are 7 mb such as a kernel. Oh and it just happened right now when I was looking at CPU spy and tried to scroll down the notification bar.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Nuke the phone
Nuke the phone as in:
- wipe /system, /data, /cache, Dalvik cache
- reload ROM, kernel, etc
- reactivate phone, etc

Fun or not, that's what worked for me. I'm guessing it was a problem with the kernel settings, but it had been months since I messed with any of that, so I went back to square one.

Ahsan Zia

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Oddly, my phone stopped randomly rebooting for a few minutes and I quickly switched to cyagonmod and after a few hour it started auto crashing again and the only app I have installed were titanium backup and greenify. I also noticed that when I connect the Usb charger to the laptop, the laptop was not recognising the phone and it once said that the device may not be working properly. Soo could it be a hardware problem?

I'm maybe try nuking later.

sipu12

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
Oh I manage to solve the flashing recovery problem however i'm in need to fix an auto-restarting problem before I can fix this android OS battery drainage soo I'm less as ****ed as before.

Sir.pls solve my prblm.i wanted to change the rom but chrashed my phone.
I am using yu yuphoria.I rooted my phone via kingroot.downloaded flasify app and flashed twrp recovery.and rebooted phone.it gone to teamwin or twrp costum recovery.wiped system,dalvik cache,cache,internal storage.then wanted to flash miui 8.but unfortunately the flash wasnt actually complteted.and i rebooted system thiking that the flash was complete.and........as you know sir there is no operating system in my phone.....pls sir say something what to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance