Brst custom ROM you would recommend

newandroidguy

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

I am currently on galaxy S3 I 9300 phone and I am fed up. The phone is show unresponsive after the 4.3 update and I have tried everything to get out to work better.

The was a firm ware update given last week and it has slightly improved it but I am now seriously at my witts end. Which custom ROM would you recommend.

What after the pit falls off each of these custom ROMs, the safest sbd most comprehensive instalation guide and how could I revert back to Stock android if Samsung does release kitkat for s3.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey,

I am currently on galaxy S3 I 9300 phone and I am fed up. The phone is show unresponsive after the 4.3 update and I have tried everything to get out to work better.

The was a firm ware update given last week and it has slightly improved it but I am now seriously at my witts end. Which custom ROM would you recommend.

What after the pit falls off each of these custom ROMs, the safest sbd most comprehensive instalation guide and how could I revert back to Stock android if Samsung does release kitkat for s3.

Well, there are many to choose from. However, the International version gets better and more choices than the US versions do. I would look at Slim, or Liquidsmooth.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. Any views on cybogebMod?

S friend recommended it

CM is OK. But for a custom ROM it is still pretty plain. Often in their rush to get the update out, the first build or two are often buggy. With some devices, they stay that way.

From a Liquid Nexus 5

newandroidguy

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
CM is OK. But for a custom ROM it is still pretty plain. Often in their rush to get the update out, the first build or two are often buggy. With some devices, they stay that way.

From a Liquid Nexus 5

That sounds bad. I am looking for one that would make the lag i get from 4. 3 go away. I wish I had never accepted this update.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Paranoid Android, Omni, PAC-Man, Slim and Carbon have more features than CM and run smooth on the S3. My favorite is PAC. It's a combination of three ROMs (PA, CM, AOKP) and has a bunch of UI and performance settings.

--EDIT--

The best option for getting KK would be to flash a KK ROM. I suggest heading over to xda developers to read up on the features and comments on each ROM.

You can save a nanroid backup in custom recovery or flash the stock firmware using Odin if you end up wanting to go back to original software.

Sent from my G2 running PAC-ROM

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That sounds bad. I am looking for one that would make the lag i get from 4. 3 go away. I wish I had never accepted this update.

I agree with Sacto's suggestions. Of those I still love Slim. So far one of the better custom ROMs available.

newandroidguy

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey. So been research on the various ROMs out there I liked liquid rom. Pack man but looked very very arcade like with to many screen to modify.

Saw another one called slim Kat.

Also been reading on the installation process and have questions.

But I think more importantly I will ask the following questions.

1. Which ROM would you suggest that is light and smooth, I liked liquid smooth, it feels like the nexus 5 in terms of touch response. XDA is showing that the developers aren't someone I would like to deal with so any ROM like that. Also not going to over customise it. I like the dark silky feel.
2. Stability. A ROM that is stable secure and would run almost all the application from there play store. With my 4.3 I am sick of the Wi-Fi issue, the battery always over heating. I would like a ROM that doesn't give me the ask this head ache.
3. I would to stay away from 4. 4 as I just got a SD card and would like to enjoy the access I have to. Unless the new ROM let you use the SD card the way I get to user it now.

Looking forward to hear what you guys think. I feel like I an in a candy store full of ROMs. :)

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
If you just want a simple, clean, and stable ROM, then you'll probably like Cyanogenmod. AOKP and Slim also have clean UI with extra customization options.

The best way to flash a ROM is to download the ROM and Gapps files to computer. Then transfer the files to phone and install in TWRP custom recovery.

You can also use ROM installer in the ROM Toolbox app to download and flash custom ROMs.

And make a backup in TWRP just in case something doesn't flash properly.

Sent from my G2 running PAC-ROM

newandroidguy

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Going to ask a few silly Questions.

When instructed to transfer files to SD card. It means the internal memory correct because I am coming typo realise that in Android internal b memory is refered to as SD card.

About the v external SD card. Should it be dismounted and removed before and during the Flashing process?

Also since I will removing all the music videos picture should do a factory reset anyways or a hard reset.

Kernel. Does this require modification to.

I want to have the SD card access that v jelly bean allows that kit kat restricts.

Any ideas as to what customized ROM S allow full access to the SD card.

Sorry if I sound stupid, its just that there is so much info out there getting a bit lost. The SD card has made my life a lot easier. I don't want to lose that.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
When instructed to transfer files to SD card. It means the internal memory correct because I am coming to realise that in Android internal memory is refered to as SD card.
Generally, any rooting/flashing instructions mean the actual SD card (the external memory card) and not the internal memory.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

HarryDevice

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I would recommend S4 Revolution ROM, it's based on the original 4.3 update for S3 GT-I9300 with extra features such as changing the ripple effect to light effect. If you want a KK ROM, I recommend PAC-man as it's a mix of three stable ROMS.
Just an advice: Make sure you have a backup of your phone because sometimes errors occur or the ROM doesn't flash properly.

Edit: Take a look at the S4 Revolution V12 features, it's stable and many problems were solved such as WiFi issue.

[ROM][4.3 MK6] S4 Revolution v12™{Latest update,thanks to all for the support :) } Pure Note 3/S4 Experience [05/01] - xda-developers <

newandroidguy

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I would recommend S4 Revolution ROM, it's based on the original 4.3 update for S3 GT-I9300 with extra features such as changing the ripple effect to light effect. If you want a KK ROM, I recommend PAC-man as it's a mix of three stable ROMS.
Just an advice: Make sure you have a backup of your phone because sometimes errors occur or the ROM doesn't flash properly.

Edit: Take a look at the S4 Revolution V12 features, it's stable and many problems were solved such as WiFi issue.

[ROM][4.3 MK6] S4 Revolution v12?{Latest update,thanks to all for the support :) } Pure Note 3/S4 Experience [05/01] - xda-developers <

Hey thanks so much for your recommendation. I was thinking why not give up on Sammy and go for the nexus experience. Forgot the link to the ROM. Am searching for it right now. But I would really like to in for that lovely butter smooth feel you get with nexus. I was in a cafe two days back and yummy yummy... That UI was delicious. I mean the way it was responding.

Few quotations knox? Will it cause a problem if i try to root.

Also i have found chain fire as the one to use to root my device and give out super user access. Is this the inke way or is there another way. If there is another which is the safer one.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
i have found chain fire as the one to use to root my device and give out super user access.
I hope you're not referring to Chainfire3D: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=eu.chainfire.cf3d&token=-V40GM2X - that app is NOT for rooting your phone; in fact, it requires the phone to already be rooted in order to do anything. You do not want to mess with that unless you know what you're doing!

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Saqib Rana

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey,

I recommend you the MIUI Rom which is 4.1 based chines version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon