Brand new Samsung Galaxy S III freezes and reboots when dialing

RobbyF

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I have bought 2 new S III phones recently, from 2 different shops. The same issue happens with both.
Sometimes when I'm dialing a phone number the phone freezes, then after almost 1 minute the "Process com.android.phone isn't responding. Wait / Force close" dialog appears, and then the phone restarts. Another weird thing which happens is that, sometimes before it freezes, a very loud noise comes out from the speaker.

I'm wondering if the SIM card can cause this issue, or it's hardware related. The phones are not rooted. Both have the Android version 4.3.
I've used both phone with the same SIM card. I'll try to put a new SIM card in one of the phones, to see what happens.

I've searched a lot (Google), but haven't found any helpful information.

I'd like to know your opinion. Did you experience something like this before? Do you have any ideas?

Thank you for your answers in advance!

Have a nice day,
Robert

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I have bought 2 new S III phones recently, from 2 different shops. The same issue happens with both.
Sometimes when I'm dialing a phone number the phone freezes, then after almost 1 minute the "Process com.android.phone isn't responding. Wait / Force close" dialog appears, and then the phone restarts. Another weird thing which happens is that, sometimes before it freezes, a very loud noise comes out from the speaker.

I'm wondering if the SIM card can cause this issue, or it's hardware related. The phones are not rooted. Both have the Android version 4.3.
I've used both phone with the same SIM card. I'll try to put a new SIM card in one of the phones, to see what happens.

I've searched a lot (Google), but haven't found any helpful information.

I'd like to know your opinion. Did you experience something like this before? Do you have any ideas?

Thank you for your answers in advance!

Have a nice day,
Robert

Well, that sounds a much more weird ???????? :O then I would sat leave the pan of buying S3 !

RobbyF

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: Brand new Samsung Galaxy S3 freezes and reboots when dialing

Yes, you may be right :)
If both have hardware problems, then I'll send them back, and forget about S3s :)

It's just very weird... I mean, the probability of having the same issue on 2 different phones, bought from 2 different shops it's very small... I think...

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Welcome to the forums!
I mean, the probability of having the same issue on 2 different phones, bought from 2 different shops it's very small... I think...
I'd agree - in fact, these two phones only have one thing in common: you! (Well, and your SIM card). I'd suggest booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/59242 and see if the problem persists.
then I would sat leave the pan of buying S3 !
Guess I need to go back to school to learn English - I don't understand this at all.:confused:

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

RobbyF

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

Welcome to the forums!I'd agree - in fact, these two phones only have one thing in common: you! (Well, and your SIM card). I'd suggest booting into Safe mode

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

I totally agree with you. This is what I think also.
I'll test a few days with a new SIM card. If the problem will not happen again, then obviously the SIM card will be the responsible or me :D
I'll come back with updates. Hopefully this will help someone facing the same issue.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

Guess I need to go back to school to learn English - I don't understand this at all.

Well, It would be considered under typo !! And I think you might be the person who keeps on focusing towards what others do rather than focusing on your own work. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084