Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Brand new Samsung Galaxy S3 freezes and reboots when dialing

    Hi,

    I have bought 2 new S III phones recently, from 2 different shops. The same issue happens with both.
    Sometimes when I'm dialing a phone number the phone freezes, then after almost 1 minute the "Process com.android.phone isn't responding. Wait / Force close" dialog appears, and then the phone restarts. Another weird thing which happens is that, sometimes before it freezes, a very loud noise comes out from the speaker.

    I'm wondering if the SIM card can cause this issue, or it's hardware related. The phones are not rooted. Both have the Android version 4.3.
    I've used both phone with the same SIM card. I'll try to put a new SIM card in one of the phones, to see what happens.

    I've searched a lot (Google), but haven't found any helpful information.

    I'd like to know your opinion. Did you experience something like this before? Do you have any ideas?

    Thank you for your answers in advance!

    Have a nice day,
    Robert
  2. #2  
    Kelly Burby's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    701 Posts
    Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

    Default Re: Brand new Samsung Galaxy S3 freezes and reboots when dialing

    Quote Originally Posted by RobbyF View Post
    Hi,

    I have bought 2 new S III phones recently, from 2 different shops. The same issue happens with both.
    Sometimes when I'm dialing a phone number the phone freezes, then after almost 1 minute the "Process com.android.phone isn't responding. Wait / Force close" dialog appears, and then the phone restarts. Another weird thing which happens is that, sometimes before it freezes, a very loud noise comes out from the speaker.

    I'm wondering if the SIM card can cause this issue, or it's hardware related. The phones are not rooted. Both have the Android version 4.3.
    I've used both phone with the same SIM card. I'll try to put a new SIM card in one of the phones, to see what happens.

    I've searched a lot (Google), but haven't found any helpful information.

    I'd like to know your opinion. Did you experience something like this before? Do you have any ideas?

    Thank you for your answers in advance!

    Have a nice day,
    Robert
    Well, that sounds a much more weird ???????? :O then I would sat leave the pan of buying S3 !
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Brand new Samsung Galaxy S3 freezes and reboots when dialing

    Yes, you may be right
    If both have hardware problems, then I'll send them back, and forget about S3s

    It's just very weird... I mean, the probability of having the same issue on 2 different phones, bought from 2 different shops it's very small... I think...
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Brand new Samsung Galaxy S3 freezes and reboots when dialing

    Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbyF View Post
    I mean, the probability of having the same issue on 2 different phones, bought from 2 different shops it's very small... I think...
    I'd agree - in fact, these two phones only have one thing in common: you! (Well, and your SIM card). I'd suggest booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...ase.html/59242 and see if the problem persists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Burby View Post
    then I would sat leave the pan of buying S3 !
    Guess I need to go back to school to learn English - I don't understand this at all.

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Brand new Samsung Galaxy S3 freezes and reboots when dialing

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Welcome to the forums!I'd agree - in fact, these two phones only have one thing in common: you! (Well, and your SIM card). I'd suggest booting into Safe mode

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    I totally agree with you. This is what I think also.
    I'll test a few days with a new SIM card. If the problem will not happen again, then obviously the SIM card will be the responsible or me
    I'll come back with updates. Hopefully this will help someone facing the same issue.
  6. #6  
    Kelly Burby's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    701 Posts
    Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

    Default Re: Brand new Samsung Galaxy S3 freezes and reboots when dialing

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Guess I need to go back to school to learn English - I don't understand this at all.

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Well, It would be considered under typo !! And I think you might be the person who keeps on focusing towards what others do rather than focusing on your own work. :P

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy S4 Stuck in Select boot mode - Please HELP!
    By Fortisimo in forum Droid Bionic
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-18-2015, 02:29 PM
  2. Top Ringtones 2014 - ringtones and sounds
    By wizardstime in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2014, 03:49 AM
  3. Next Galaxy Note to feature a new form factor?
    By thegame161 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 05:56 AM
  4. What is Samsung link?
    By smalba in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 03:28 AM

Posting Permissions