Info on clock speed

Fabrizio Botti

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, i'm sure the question has been answered elsewhere but sorry i'm not very good in searching and didn't find it...

the clock speed of the S3 varies from 200mhz to 1.4ghz.... i expected that, if you lunch a cpu-intensive app that brings the cpu load at a costant 100%, the clock of the S3 stayed fixed at the maximum... instead, i see (from cpu monitor / cpu-z) that the clock alternates speed between 1400mhz and 800mhz... it just continues swapping those speeds..... is there a way to let it fixed at maximum frequency of 140mhz ? power saving feature is off, battery temp is below 40C?, i cannot see anywhere in the S3 menu the option to do what i want... maybe there is not, or maybe only with rooting/hacking or similar things, that i don't want do to.... any input appreciated thanks,

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

You'd have to be rooted in order to run a utility to force the CPUs to run at maximum. The OS should be managing the processor speeds on-the-fly and that's really something you shouldn't have to fiddle with.

Are you running an app that is showing performance problems?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Fabrizio Botti

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
thanks for the reply and the welcome,
i'm running the boinc application on my Samsung phone&tablets, that's why i asked...oddly, the S4 is the one that is heating a lot, while the S3 is considerably colder.... so i thought i could force the S3 at full speed fixe without heating issues....

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If your S4 is heating up that badly you may want to reconsider running that app - excessive heat can be deadly to electronics.

And I wouldn't force the S3 to run faster for the sake of science - since their results are crowd-sourced they'll get it without you burning up your phones in the process.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames