Major problems with my phone
Can anyone please help? My S3 was working fine up until a few days ago. Programs started opening on their own without me touching anything and when I started to charge the phone it came up with an odd message like "phone is docked". Most of the answers I read online seemed to suggest that it is the battery or charging cable. I bought replacements for both. I put them in today but it did not seem to resolve issue. The new battery says it has 63% power. When I plug the cable in it says charging but the charge does not increase. The red light in the corner also only comes on when the display goes onto standby.
I have tried wiping the cache and even do a hard reset along with a restore. I have also checked for viruses with Avast.
My brother gave this phone to me for free because the screen is a bit broken so I cannot afford and don't want to get Samsung to repair it.
The only thing I can think of is I was listening to music while washing the dishes and some water did splash on the screen. Maybe water damage?
Any other suggestions?
- 05-08-2014, 05:33 PM #2
- 05-09-2014, 01:42 AM #3
- 6,973 Posts
Re: Major problems with my phone
Welcome to the forums!
It should be fairly straightforward to determine if the apps that are starting happen to have shortcuts on the Home screen. If so, then you really need to look at a screen assembly replacement.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- 05-09-2014, 04:54 PM #6
- By Trackr in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 83Last Post: 09-10-2016, 08:36 AM
- By Rajeev Kumar5 in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 9Last Post: 05-09-2014, 12:31 PM
- By OceanSD in forum IntroductionsReplies: 11Last Post: 05-09-2014, 01:05 AM
- By Jon Jackson in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 20Last Post: 05-08-2014, 03:49 PM
- By jimcapraro in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 4Last Post: 05-08-2014, 01:51 PM