OTA Update

AhmadS3

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello Android Central users,

I have the official 4.1.2 firmware, I've received an update months ago.. I think it's 4.3. But when I install it, and when it reboots the green Android guy appears, it stops downloading on 27-30% then it reboots again. No changes were made as I've tried installing it three times, it says to download it from Kies. The phone was rooted, I thought it was the problem so I installed Framaroot and unrooted the phone, it successfully unrooted. I tried downloading the update again with no luck.
Size: 476.95

Posted via Android Central App

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
if you need for 4.3 then download firmware from sammobile then flash it with odin. After that you need to go to recovery and clear cache and data. This is done to remove any conflict with the older version.also flashing will remove root permanently

Ready to help you

AhmadS3

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
if you need for 4.3 then download firmware from sammobile then flash it with odin. After that you need to go to recovery and clear cache and data. This is done to remove any conflict with the older version.also flashing will remove root permanently

Ready to help you

Well, thanks.
My device is rooted and the status is 'normal' I don't want to use Kies, I just want to update it through OTA. My mum has the same device, apparently it worked with her device.
I tried unrooting the phone through Framaroot and updating the phone with no luck!
Although the status says normal, I need help.

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, thanks.
My device is rooted and the status is 'normal' I don't want to use Kies, I just want to update it through OTA. My mum has the same device, apparently it worked with her device.
I tried unrooting the phone through Framaroot and updating the phone with no luck!
Although the status says normal, I need help.

unrooting will not permanently remove root files ,you need to flash the new firmware with odin
flash will completely remove root

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Is there another way to completely unroot the device?

Un rooting will sometimes will not remove the super user from phone. i use galaxy note, I use the Unroot file which doesn't works. So I reflash the firmware. I don't usually unroot my phone. I give a reflash every 6 months. If your phone is working perfectly there is no need to reflash

Ready to help you

AhmadS3

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Un rooting will sometimes will not remove the super user from phone. i use galaxy note, I use the Unroot file which doesn't works. So I reflash the firmware. I don't usually unroot my phone. I give a reflash every 6 months. If your phone is working perfectly there is no need to reflash

Ready to help you

It's working perfectly, but I cannot update through OTA. I want to unroot without using the computer. /: