Phone beeps despite blocking mode

writermanuk

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I would like to be able to use my phone as an occasional alarm clock but, whenever I try, it always wakes me up early with annoying beeping noises around 6:30-7:30am. Today, for example, I needed to get up at eight. Using an app I downloaded (Alarm Clock Plus vn. 5.1) I set an alarm for 08:00. I already had blocking mode set on a timed basis from 22:30 until 07:29. I had selected Block incoming calls, Disable notifications and Turn off LED indicator. I had not selected Disable alarm and timer.

At 06:35 I was woken up by a loud beep. I checked the notifications area and in there it said:
Ongoing
Blocking mode on
Enabled 22:30 - 07:29

Under notifications, I had a bunch of junk email that had arrived around 06:25 and a message saying Facebook session expired, with yesterday's date. Mystified, I went back to sleep. Just after seven, it beeped again. There was another junk mail item that arrived at 07:02 (why do these people insist on writing to me ridiculously early?) . At this point, I extended blocking mode to run from 22:30 until 07:59 and ticked the box to disable alarm and timer. Tried to go back to sleep for a second time.

07:45 - beeped again. Nothing new, that I can see, under notifications. No apparent reason for the beep at all. At this point, I gave up and got up.

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3 running Android 4.3, Kernel vn 3.0.31-2429075. My email client is K9 mail 4.803. Show notifications is enabled. Facebook app is vn 9.0.0.26.28. I thought I had disabled notifications but they seem to have mysteriously re-enabled themselves.

Can anyone suggest why my phone is beeping in the small hours and what I can do to stop it from doing so? If I cannot fix this then I shall have to keep it turned off at night and buy an alarm clock.

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, do one thing before going to the sleep switch the Wi-Fi/Data connection of your device to off position look "Blocking Mode" is their in order to block calls i.e. it is not going to disable the notification beeping down, means enabling blocking mode means all the incoming calls are blocked still notification will rang up and that is what happening with you each notification will hammer you while you're asleep this is why it is preferred to switch off the data connection at night or when it is not on the use. I would say disabling Wi-Fi/Data connection is the only thing that can help you out of this beeping thing !! :O