Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Google Play Store Not Downloading/Updating/Installing!?

Hi all, as the title says I can't do any of these, it just freezes on the 'downloading...' status endlessly.
    I have tried some solutions, like restarting the device, deleting some apps to free memory (2GB free memory now), however I can't clear the data or the app cache. Whenever I go the app settings and click on google play store, it says 'Computing...' for ever and ever. Left it on that screen for an hour and nothing!

I think its trying to calculate the app data/cache but doesn't seem to be able to, help please? <3

Global Posts
    17,434 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Google Play Store Not Downloading/Updating/Installing!?

Quote Originally Posted by Zed N View Post
    Hi all, as the title says I can't do any of these, it just freezes on the 'downloading...' status endlessly.
    I have tried some solutions, like restarting the device, deleting some apps to free memory (2GB free memory now), however I can't clear the data or the app cache. Whenever I go the app settings and click on google play store, it says 'Computing...' for ever and ever. Left it on that screen for an hour and nothing!

I think its trying to calculate the app data/cache but doesn't seem to be able to, help please? <3
    Welcome to the forums.
    I would reboot into recovery and clear the system cache and see if that helps.
    [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by:
    Zed N 
    Zed N likes this.

The Google Play Store was acting weird for me today, and I've seen a couple of similar posts - perhaps the problem is at their end?

You could put the phone in Airplane mode and then try clearing the app cache/data. Or boot into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...ase.html/59242 and see if the problem persists.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

thank you so much this not only fixed the issue it sped up my device 2/3x! I thumbed up and liked

Global Posts
    17,434 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Zed N View Post
    thank you so much this not only fixed the issue it sped up my device 2/3x! I thumbed up and liked

Glad it helped. Keep that whole idea in mind. Sometimes its good to do that every now and then to keep the device snappy, and definately after major updates.

See you around the forums.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here