Constant Restarting Apps

bfreeman0

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

My Samsung S3 has been running fine for the past year until yesterday. It began to struggle with simple tasks like bringing up the keyboard and keeping apps open.

I did a factory reset, and it hasn't improved anything.

I've checked the running app screen in settings and every app listed is restarting.

Is there any fix to this?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

You could try booting into Recovery mode and clearing the system cache.

Did you just reinstall all of your apps after the Factory Reset? If so you're just back to square one - the best thing to do is to only install a couple of apps at a time and to pay close attention to device behavior: that way you can identify a rogue app when you see the device acting up.

You could try booting into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/59242 and see how it behaves.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

bfreeman0

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Wow that was quick thank you for your welcome. I only installed two apps, arriva bus app and Barclays bank app. I then uninstalled arriva but when looking through the running apps Barclays does not appear to be the problem.

I did try safe mode and wow :O it's fast. But I have no idea what's making it so slow.

I tried the cache process earlier today and it didn't make any difference.

Any ideas?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
If the phone runs as expected in Safe mode then it's almost certainly a 3rd party application causing your problem.

I'd do another Factory Reset and don't install ANY apps (I wouldn't even update any of the built-in apps) - just see if the phone is behaving normally. Once you determine that it is, go ahead and update the built-in apps and reboot and see if everything is still ok.

If all is good then install one app at a time (rebooting after each install) until you identify the culprit. Then give that app lousy ratings in the Google Play Store and stay away from it.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

bfreeman0

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your help. After coming out of safe mode everything seemed to work better strangely. I put it down to the arriva app being deleted. Annoyingly that's an app I needed to keep. Best leave a review on the store.

Thank you so much.😎:)