Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Battery Problem

    Hello! I just want to ask is this considered normal? It just draining to fast for me, and when playing games that need connection my phone becomes quite hot.

    Thank you so much.

    For info, my phone is rooted, already tried factory reset, charged by samsung original charger (with htc cable), and a brand new battery (maybe 2 to 3 weeks since first time I charge it)

    Battery Problem-uploadfromtaptalk1404030041102.jpgBattery Problem-uploadfromtaptalk1404030065401.jpgBattery Problem-uploadfromtaptalk1404030081460.jpgBattery Problem-uploadfromtaptalk1404030091703.jpgBattery Problem-uploadfromtaptalk1404030099565.jpg
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Battery Problem

    Welcome to the forums!

    The first series of screenshots (where the battery is at 65%) is much too early to allow for useful analysis. If the need arises in the future, be sure to let the charge level drop to around 30% (as you did in the second set).

    Unfortunately you did not include one of the most important data points - you need to include a screenshot of the Screen On details. It would also be helpful if you mention where you keep the brightness level: the brighter the screen, the more battery will be used.

    In the History details it appears that you had Wi-Fi turned on the whole time, but you weren't actually using Wi-Fi - you should turn it off if you're not using it, as that will save some juice.

    You can't really tell what your Mobile data signal quality is like (unfortunately the icon doesn't show bars or anything similar, and I'm not aware of an app that allows you to track it) but just be aware that Mobile data uses the most power.

    Finally, you mention that the phone was getting hot - that's generally not a good thing for any kind of electronic device. I realize that many games tax the CPU and GPU, so if possible you should turn off other things that draw lots of power (like Wi-Fi and/or Mobile data) to help reduce the heat debt and power consumption.

    There are apps that you can use to track power usage and what might be keeping the phone from sleeping - here are a couple:

    GSam Battery Monitor Pro http://market.android.com/details?id...amlabs.bbm.pro

    Wakelock Detector http://market.android.com/details?id...kelockdetector


    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    willheryanto likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Battery Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Welcome to the forums!

    The first series of screenshots (where the battery is at 65%) is much too early to allow for useful analysis. If the need arises in the future, be sure to let the charge level drop to around 30% (as you did in the second set).

    Unfortunately you did not include one of the most important data points - you need to include a screenshot of the Screen On details. It would also be helpful if you mention where you keep the brightness level: the brighter the screen, the more battery will be used.

    In the History details it appears that you had Wi-Fi turned on the whole time, but you weren't actually using Wi-Fi - you should turn it off if you're not using it, as that will save some juice.

    You can't really tell what your Mobile data signal quality is like (unfortunately the icon doesn't show bars or anything similar, and I'm not aware of an app that allows you to track it) but just be aware that Mobile data uses the most power.

    Finally, you mention that the phone was getting hot - that's generally not a good thing for any kind of electronic device. I realize that many games tax the CPU and GPU, so if possible you should turn off other things that draw lots of power (like Wi-Fi and/or Mobile data) to help reduce the heat debt and power consumption.

    There are apps that you can use to track power usage and what might be keeping the phone from sleeping - here are a couple:

    GSam Battery Monitor Pro http://market.android.com/details?id...amlabs.bbm.pro

    Wakelock Detector http://market.android.com/details?id...kelockdetector


    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Wow thank you for your help .
    Okay I'm gonna send a picture again when battery got down around 30 % to be more precise.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: Battery Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Welcome to the forums!

    The first series of screenshots (where the battery is at 65%) is much too early to allow for useful analysis. If the need arises in the future, be sure to let the charge level drop to around 30% (as you did in the second set).

    Unfortunately you did not include one of the most important data points - you need to include a screenshot of the Screen On details. It would also be helpful if you mention where you keep the brightness level: the brighter the screen, the more battery will be used.

    In the History details it appears that you had Wi-Fi turned on the whole time, but you weren't actually using Wi-Fi - you should turn it off if you're not using it, as that will save some juice.

    You can't really tell what your Mobile data signal quality is like (unfortunately the icon doesn't show bars or anything similar, and I'm not aware of an app that allows you to track it) but just be aware that Mobile data uses the most power.

    Finally, you mention that the phone was getting hot - that's generally not a good thing for any kind of electronic device. I realize that many games tax the CPU and GPU, so if possible you should turn off other things that draw lots of power (like Wi-Fi and/or Mobile data) to help reduce the heat debt and power consumption.

    There are apps that you can use to track power usage and what might be keeping the phone from sleeping - here are a couple:

    GSam Battery Monitor Pro http://market.android.com/details?id...amlabs.bbm.pro

    Wakelock Detector http://market.android.com/details?id...kelockdetector


    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Here's another screenshots, my brightness is always auto and -5.

    I realize my phone getting hot when it searching for signal. I hope you can find my phone problem. Thank you

    Battery Problem-uploadfromtaptalk1404136188070.jpgBattery Problem-uploadfromtaptalk1404136196907.jpgBattery Problem-uploadfromtaptalk1404136233723.jpgBattery Problem-uploadfromtaptalk1404136253511.jpgBattery Problem-uploadfromtaptalk1404136262530.jpgBattery Problem-uploadfromtaptalk1404136276527.jpg
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Battery Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by willheryanto View Post
    Here's another screenshots, my brightness is always auto and -5.
    I'm not sure what auto and - 5 mean in tandem. I don't use the auto setting; unless I'm outside I pretty much always have the screen at minimum brightness. You can look at this screen in GSam to better quantify your screen brightness.And if you look at the bottom of the main screen you'll see what kind of Screen On time you're averaging.Your data shows that you had almost three hours of Screen On time, which is fairly good for this device.
    Quote Originally Posted by willheryanto View Post
    I realize my phone getting hot when it searching for signal.
    You can look at this screen in GSam to quantify your cellular signal.The lower the signal, the more power the phone will be using to search for/maintain the cellular signal.

    UCCW stood out as a big consumer in your list - you probably want to look at the details for that app to see why.

    And if you can do without Mobile data or Wi-Fi while playing games you can try that. If that game causes the phone to get hot it means that it's running the CPU & GPU at higher frequencies, which means more power loss. You could try playing a nice calming text adventure.

    Overall I don't see anything (other than UCCW) that stands out, and a Screen On time around three hours is good (I managed to squeeze 4 hours out a few times). Try setting your brightness to manual and minimum (I use Display brightness http://market.android.com/details?id...yBrightnessPro to easily adjust my brightness level) and see what happens.

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    willheryanto likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: Battery Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    I'm not sure what auto and - 5 mean in tandem. I don't use the auto setting; unless I'm outside I pretty much always have the screen at minimum brightness. You can look at this screen in GSam to better quantify your screen brightness.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/01/3ugebaja.jpgAnd if you look at the bottom of the main screen you'll see what kind of Screen On time you're averaging.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/01/ehuje5yj.jpgYour data shows that you had almost three hours of Screen On time, which is fairly good for this device.You can look at this screen in GSam to quantify your cellular signal.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/01/aqapejaq.jpgThe lower the signal, the more power the phone will be using to search for/maintain the cellular signal.

    UCCW stood out as a big consumer in your list - you probably want to look at the details for that app to see why.

    And if you can do without Mobile data or Wi-Fi while playing games you can try that. If that game causes the phone to get hot it means that it's running the CPU & GPU at higher frequencies, which means more power loss. You could try playing a nice calming text adventure.

    Overall I don't see anything (other than UCCW) that stands out, and a Screen On time around three hours is good (I managed to squeeze 4 hours out a few times). Try setting your brightness to manual and minimum (I use Display brightness http://market.android.com/details?id...yBrightnessPro to easily adjust my brightness level) and see what happens.

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Thank you once again! Then I think my mistakes that my phone could go for 5++ hours screen on time haha.

    I already delete UCCW so let's see what'll happen.

    Once again, thank you
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Battery Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by willheryanto View Post
    I think my mistakes that my phone could go for 5++ hours screen on time haha.
    The best I've ever gotten has been just over four hours. Perhaps if you got one of the RAVPower 2250mAh batteries you'd be able to get close to five hours...

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Battery Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    The best I've ever gotten has been just over four hours. Perhaps if you got one of the RAVPower 2250mAh batteries you'd be able to get close to five hours...

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Okay, then I'm fine with my battery now .
    Once again, thank you so much for your help!

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) Unlock Colours Problem
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 11:36 PM
  2. virgin media super hub problems
    By Kieran Storer in forum Moto G (2013)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-02-2014, 04:00 PM
  3. Best battery saving app?
    By woahohkelsey in forum Samsung Galaxy S5
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-29-2014, 12:32 PM
  4. Samsung Galaxy S3 battery problem
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-29-2014, 01:24 AM
  5. Problems with Samsung Galaxy tab 3 10.1
    By carmelvaz in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-29-2014, 01:05 AM

Posting Permissions