Help!! Galaxy s3 doesn't past galaxy siii logo

Alanprime

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
So here's th thing, my phone's original battery was already old and wanted to change it, now i received two of new batteries i just bought, the first time everything was alright but now that i used again one of the new batteries suddenly shut down during the loading android screen (by the way i had cyanogenmod 11 working perfectly), i have tried reinstalling cm11 from the recovery mode but nothing, so i decided to reinstall stock rom but surprise! it doesn't recognize the device none of my 3 computers, help me please.... any ideas?? :-\ :'(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Did you forget the kitchen sink?
That's certainly a slew of problems...

Will the phone boot into Recovery mode and Download mode?
Are you booting into Download mode before connecting to the computer?
Are you running Windows? If so, do you hear the boop-beep audio when you connect the phone?
What (if anything) does Device Manager show when you connect the phone?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Alanprime

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
jaja thanks for answering, answering your questions:
1.-yes it can boot into them
2.- yes i am, and vice versa but still nothing.
3.- yep, i'm running windows 8.1 and also tried in w7 and yes i do hear the sound, the driver says the ''unknown device has been installed properly''
4.-the device manager changes when i connect the phone but everything seems alright, nothing seems out of place...

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You can try installing the Kies software to get the correct drivers loaded (be sure the phone is not connected), or I believe you can find just the driver installer on the Samsung website.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Alanprime

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Already tried that too, i think it might be the logic board... beacuse maybe one of the data pins from the usb connector it's damaged and that's why it can't connect to the pc... and it's going to be a little bit expensive...

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
beacuse maybe one of the data pins from the usb connector it's damaged and that's why it can't connect to the pc... and it's going to be a little bit expensive...
There was no mention of 'maybe damaged pins' in your original post, nor a suggestion that the port wasn't working with CM - is it damaged or isn't it?

As for the expense - the part is relatively cheap if you plan to replace it yourself; or you can try a repair service that specializes in that kind of thing (ex. http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-usb-port-repair/ - ~$40).