Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Default thinking of getting the s3

Hi all thinking of getting the s3 but wondered what you all thought of it and how long the battery lasts,
    thanks in advance xx x x

Global Posts
    8,460 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: thinking of getting the s3

Quote Originally Posted by allysisa View Post
    Hi all thinking of getting the s3 but wondered what you all thought of it and how long the battery lasts,
    thanks in advance xx x x
    The S3 is a decent device, considering what is available today. Battery wont be as good as the current crop of devices. According to Samsung:
    Battery
    Li-Ion 2100 mAh battery
    Stand-by Up to 590 h (2G) / Up to 790 h (3G)
    Talk time Up to 21 h 40 min (2G) / Up to 11 h 40 min (3G)
    In all honesty, if you are getting the device on contract (free), then considering getting a newer generation device. The S4 should also be free, or very close to nothing, which will be better than the S3.

Otherwise, if you have no choice then the S3 will be OK for basic phone use.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

its as pay as go ive a lumia 625 but I always liked the loo of the s3 and its on offer at the moment so was wondering ....

I'd agree with the previous poster - if you're getting it for free with no contract terms then it's a good phone (I'm still happy with mine after two years of use), but there should be better options available (S4, Moto X, HTC M7, etc).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

The previous answers are very good advice. I have an S3 on contract and will be getting an upgrade soon. I really like my S3 but I wouldn't advise anyone to buy one now. I reason being that there will be no more official updates for the S3 as it is over 2 years old. The US version should be on the latest version of Android (KitKat) but the International version which is available in Europe where I am, will not get this software update. I'm assuming that you will probably have the phone for a couple of years. There are better phones for the same money out there but there are differences in availability depending on what carrier/network you choose. The S4 is the best bet if you really must have a Samsung. I would wait for a little while as you could probably get a good deal on a Nexus 5 or Moto X direct from these manufacturers as there are some new models coming out soon. Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk