screen went from little blue spot to purple and now full screen black!!!

Javi Er1

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello

I have samsung s3 i9300 white, so some time ago i dropped my phone from about 1,5m height and hitted the floor in the left bottom corner, instantly my glass screen broke into little pieces... after thinking some time and looking around at stores how much $ for replacing the glass i decided to do it myself i got the tools glass double sided tape. Okay so yesterday i did the replacement and finally when i finished the work and turned the phone on, i see this little blue spot in the left top corner, it was like tint, well this tint "spread" allover the screen while hours passed, so i decided to turn it off pull out battery and used other phone for the day, and putted phone in rice incase it got wet in the process. Today i woke up and turned the phone on again to see how it evolved, was not happy, now the whole screen is black (not blue, not purple, but black). So that brings me here....

So thats basiclly the problem, it started as a blue "tint" spot after i replaced the glass and then it spread into purple "tint" then black covering the whole screen and i cant see, the phone does work as i turn it on and unlock it with the pattern and hear the water sound, also notifications sounds happen... I looked around the internet for all kind of solutions, but nothing worked yet, so maybe i didnt look in the right places.

If someone here knows what actually happened to my phone (probablly i messed up in the replacement but where?) and what is that blue tint, and most important if theres a solution i can do here at home to my phone to get it back working asap!! or if actually i have to buy new parts for it (lcd screen digitizer?).

thanks!! hope some1 answears this lol

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's a bummer. From what I've seen on these forums, that usually means the LCD screen has gone bad., either from damage or defect. You'll probably have to replace it.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
There was only one post in this thread that had links, and both of the links seem to be working fine. I'm not sure why you're having problems.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Javi Er1

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
"An error has occurred Javi Er1! You must have 10 posts in order to post links. Your current post count is 2."

:/ thats why i posted the "broken" links lol im buying the new screen soon and wanted to know the diference between two options, i want to buy it from amazon.com

Last edited:

Javi Er1

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE:

So i changed lcd display, phone working back again :), except for the menu and return buttons (the ones that are white next to the home button), so.... what happened?? im guessing is one of this 3 options: 1)forgot to connect something, 2)broke something on the repair, 3)lcd display i bought had this broken....

what do you think guys? i dont actually know which is the connection for those buttons, but i followed a pretty good youtube process... everything else is working like its new....

i want to make those buttons work what can i do?

thanks

pd: for now im using an app that allows me to return with a floating button on the screen

lvkj1994

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Okay so I have a similar story and I really need help!!

A few months ago I dropped my phone and it cracked my screen. SInce I don't have much money I decided to just let it go, as the phone was still fully functional, it just had some cracks on the front.

I didn't try to replace the screen like you did and I've been using it for a while since I dropped it and it was working just fine.

Recently, I noticed at the top of the screen it was purple....I thought that was weird and as the day continued it got more and more purple and started spreading down the phone screen. When I woke the next morning the entire screen was black, but I could see it was still working because the light at the top was blinking and it would power on and off.

So then I wanted to get the screen repaired because I figured the screen was bad. But when I went in to office max (they do smartphone screen repairs) they told me it can't be fixed because the motherboard is bad and replacing the screen won't fix it. Well after reading your story and how replacing the screen fixed most of the problem for you, I don't know what to do!! I feel like fixing the screen might fix the issue if it helped yours and we have similar situations....

help anyone???