Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default FM Radio Tuner?

So when I upgraded from my Galaxy Ace, one of the things I missed most was the FM tuner. My i9300 didn't come with the relevant software/tuner or so I thought. But having recently stumbled on many reviewers and users saying that the i9300 does infact have the hardware.

So I'm wondering if anyone can recommend me an stock app? All the ones I've tried despite being labeled as FM Radio etc are all internet radio based.

Btw my phone came with CyanogenMod installed to hence maybe the lack of a stock tuner?

Default Re: FM Radio Tuner?

You are correct. The FM Radio tuner is a stock app from Samsung and as such, cannot be bundled with CyanogenMod. If you scout the web for the APK though, you should be able to sideload it. Just make sure that it's the same app that was built for your phone.

Or just load the stock firmware.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Yeah, but that wipes out your phone hehe. And it's always a PITA to get it back to the way you like it.