Camera error "Errorcallback"

benjllama

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
When I open the camera, I get a warning with a message saying "Unknown error by ErrorCallBack". I tried using other apps that make use of the camera and they don't work either. And the LED flash doesn't work with my flashlight app. I tried wiping my cache but it didn't fix anything. Anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do? Thanks.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

You cleared the Camera app cache, or you cleared the system cache in Recovery mode? If the latter, you should also clear cache and clear data for the Camera app.
If that doesn't help then you should consider performing a Factory Reset.
If it still doesn't work then it's time to reload the firmware.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

benjllama

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

You cleared the Camera app cache, or you cleared the system cache in Recovery mode? If the latter, you should also clear cache and clear data for the Camera app.
If that doesn't help then you should consider performing a Factory Reset.
If it still doesn't work then it's time to reload the firmware.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that! I did a Factory Reset today and now there's a different message, it's another warning message but it just says "Camera failed". Also, while I was updating apps, a message popped up saying "Failed to initialize camera" for a second and then disappeared. Does this mean it's a hardware error?

Last edited:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It could be a hardware problem, but it could also be a problem with the camera firmware. You should try reloading the stock firmware and see what happens.