NEVER SEEN BEFORE PROBLEM! Notification and action bar of an ongoing call doesn't quit.

finswimmer

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys!

*the part where you should grab your popcorn*

I'm new to this forum, actually any kind of android forum, all thanks to my S3 international GT 19300. There's a strange problem which drives me crazy lately. After a phone call, the notification of an ongoing call stays on the notification bar (all screenshots added). Furthermore, when i expand my notification bar, there's a little action bar of a call (sreenshot 2) which is supposed to stay ONLY during calls. Any options given (mute, speaker, end, etc.) does nothing, just the 'end' option collapses the notification bar, but the problem remains. Sometimes, after a call, it even continues to count the time, which i've been talking, though the call has been ended manually (screenshot 3).

I'm on stock touchwiz, JB 4.3, running Google Now Launcher, ROOTED. I've installed a couple of apps lately (one of them 'freedom', which has been unninstalled currently, just apk in my SD card) and updated a couple of xposed modules, installed a new one for controlling LED lights.

I've tried clearing dialer app cache - no help. I've tried removing ongoing notification with Gravitybox, but this not only removes notification, but the window that pops up when somebody calls me, leaving me with no option to answer the call, just ringing phone in my hand... so no help, disabled this. I've tried googling my problem - found NOTHING. And one more time nothing. That's where the title came from :D Well the only thing that helps after a call is quickly going to applications management section, finding 'phone' and force closing it. Imagine how happy i am doing this right after every call :))) Of course, there's always an option of wiping my phone, factory reset, but honestly, that's the last thing i want to do.

So that's the part where you come in, guys... I have no ideas how to solve this, so any help is golden value for my right now!

P.S. Excuse me for writing such a long story, once again, i'm new to this, so don't go hard on me :) Just tried to be as clear and specific as possible!

Screenshot_2014-09-21-14-21-35.png Screenshot_2014-09-21-14-21-52.png Screenshot_2014-09-22-19-39-46.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton