Unable to Boot into the System

Derek L

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
A while ago my phone started to restart itself for no good reason. Then it got worse and it starts randomly resetting itself (factory reset). To solve this issue I tried to do a manual factory reset myself, and the problem persisted.

I can deal with these random restarts, but then one day as it restarts it got stuck at the "Samsung Galaxy S III" screen. I tried to do another factory reset in CWM and clear the cache, but it says "E:\cache\...." isn't mounted. As I investigate further it seems the reason that it can't boot might be because some parts of the memory became inaccessible (maybe some flag issue? I have no idea)

I can boot into Download mode and CWM perfectly fine, so I decided to try to flash the Stock Recovery and Stock ROM through Odin. Connection between Odin and the phone was set up fine, but then it stopped at this error message "Complete(Write) operation failed." Flashing either stock rom and recovery yields the same error :(. It simply can't write to the memory it seems.

Now I'm stuck at this start screen. I've heard flashing a PIT file might be able to fix it, but I have no idea what that is. Any help is appreciated!!

Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
Stock Rom, rooted, using CWM, never flashed any Rom

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234