i9300 w/ CM11, Severe Battery Drain, Please HELP!

CarlosMBM

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone!!

A couple months ago I decided to install CM11 on my phone because its performance with the stock ROM was absolute garbage. When I did, everything was exceptional until a couple weeks ago when I started having severe battery draining issues and today was just THE worst day of all.

I charged my phone overnight and I disconnected it from the charger at exactly 6am (when I woke up to go work) only to find out that at 2pm (when I finished my shift) the battery was at 0%. Since I was at work my phone usage was pretty much 0%, including only a couple of texts and that is it.

Now, some time ago I was diggin' around some forums and apparently this happened because Google Play Services were draining 60-80% of my battery overtime. A user in another forum (Calkulin, XDA Developers) posted some modded Google Play Services that would fix the issue, it worked perfectly until Google was updated again and the problem came back. That same user posted an updated version of his modded G.P.S. but unfortunately this time it didn't fix the problem.

I also found an app that would stop acquiring the wakelock causing the issue called Wakelock Terminator but it didn't work either and I am currently using it since I don't know what else to do. I'm really desperate to solve this issue because I depend on my phone to do all sorts of things.

Can I please get some help regarding this issue? This is very very urgent to me.

Best regards,
Carlos M.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsonnathalie