SGT 10.1 Software update

rw0749

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
To datastar: How were you notified about the update.. I just went to check for update and the tab showed.. no updates available.

rw0749

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem with service.. I bought a USB adapter and the tab would not read it with a flash drive in it... I called service and the tech "had never seen a USB".. and could not fix the problem.. other than saying... we are "going" to come out with a software update late summer.. that will "probably" address that problem.. I waited a month to get this.. and EVERYTHING I read said .. basically.. Plug and Play...not so nada nada zip.. what's up...?Any help from this side?

elcheapodeluxe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have still not been able to get the update. I wonder if this has to do with the fact that I can't get the samsung account not to crash (twice) on each bootup? Or is that just a red herring?

AirSushi

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I have still not been able to get the update. I wonder if this has to do with the fact that I can't get the samsung account not to crash (twice) on each bootup? Or is that just a red herring?

That is odd. I too have been having the Samsung process crash twice (or maybe 2 processes each crashing once) on boot. An I also have not received an update even though I have checked.

Anyone else have any insight?

Samsung Galaxy Tab - Stock

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The update that is going out (and has been since last week) is just a small maintenance update to bring the early release unites (June 8th in NY) up to date with the other retail units (released June 17th). If you have one of the full retail release units (purchased on or after June 17th) there is no update for you

AirSushi

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The update that is going out (and has been since last week) is just a small maintenance update to bring the early release unites (June 8th in NY) up to date with the other retail units (released June 17th). If you have one of the full retail release units (purchased on or after June 17th) there is no update for you
@ Kevin (Post #25)

Thanks for the clarification. That will keep me from mashing the update button repeatedly and cursing the gods as to why I am not one of the chosen few.

:)