Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SGT 10.1 Software update

As of 04 July 12:30 pm EST, my sgt 10.1 received a software update. it is being installed right now. To check for your software update, go to settings --> about tablet --> software update. You will need a Samsung account registered on your SGT.

Will post the status after the update.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: SGT 10.1 Software update

It was nothing visually different then before. No touchwiz. Must have been an under the hood update.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

I checked, no update available for mine. Did your Android, build number or Kernel version change?

HMJ37
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

i got my SGT on the very first day...June 8 in Union sq NYC. Sammy is probably pushing out updates to very first batches of SGTs. My SGT says
    android 3.1
    Kernel 2.6.36.3
    se.infra@sep-58 #1

I got mine the first day it was released to the masses. No update.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1

is most likely going out in batches

Default System Update LIVE!

I justt checked for updates and it actually found one! It is loading it now and at 99%! Will let everyone know what it is in a min... Hopefully it is touchwiz!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

Default Re: System Update LIVE!

Did you get your Tab at the NY launch or retail launch? If the NY launch, it is just a small update to bring it up to date to where the retail Tabs are.
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.

Default Re: System Update LIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gossett View Post
    Did you get your Tab at the NY launch or retail launch? If the NY launch, it is just a small update to bring it up to date to where the retail Tabs are.
    NY Launch. I guess you are right because nothing is different as far as I can tell. It did say it was a "stability update" at one point prior to clicking "OK".
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

i noticed that after this small update, my 10.1 is a lot more stable...fewer crashes with the browser. less buggy...

Could u guys check if the update change the picture frame widget? Last night I noticed that the picture frame widget had change from 3x3 to 2x2... This would explain that. I had my tab set up to do updates automatically. If this is part of an update they screwed up cause a 2x2 photo on the home screen looks really bad.

I still haven't gotten around the "bad password/service unavailable" error when trying to link up a Samsung account.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcVH View Post
    I still haven't gotten around the "bad password/service unavailable" error when trying to link up a Samsung account.
    Try setting up new account from the tab. Samsung says that the two accounts (home pc and tab) are different. That fixed mine.

ROM
    Stock for now

I am having the very same problem with the wifes GT, I called tech and they could not solve the problem. They escalated it to a next level tech, but no response yet. I am calling them again today and try to solve this.
    The funning thing is they told me to do a factory reset to clear all the old info. The problem is the factory reset is not clearing and restoring to factory settings, I know this because the settings that I have changed are still set after the reset.
    I also have another problem with ours, after the factory data reset you have to log into your gmail account during the set up to retrieve your apps and info. If you log in to your gmail account later it will not restore your apps.

When you log in on my OG Droid and Tbolt they will restore the apps at anytime.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

WHat I did was I opened a new google account, similar to my old one. And I used the new account to get my Samsung account and it worked.
    ptf

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by 78racing View Post
    I am having the very same problem with the wifes GT, I called tech and they could not solve the problem. They escalated it to a next level tech, but no response yet. I am calling them again today and try to solve this.
    The funning thing is they told me to do a factory reset to clear all the old info. The problem is the factory reset is not clearing and restoring to factory settings, I know this because the settings that I have changed are still set after the reset.
    I also have another problem with ours, after the factory data reset you have to log into your gmail account during the set up to retrieve your apps and info. If you log in to your gmail account later it will not restore your apps.

How was the next level of Samsung support? Whenever I got sent to an ECR, they told me they support EVERY product, but the 10.1. Got that from 5 different agents.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Motorola Droid X [OG] - Rooted, CM7
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - Stock
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Samsung's 1800# support was pretty bad. They had no idea what they were talking about...

ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by windiddy View Post
    Samsung's 1800# support was pretty bad. They had no idea what they were talking about...
    I will second that, after spending about an hour with them on the phone, still had the same problem. There is some kind of software glitch that does not wipe the tablet clean when you do either a hard reset or the factory data reset.
    I read on another thread here that someone got the login to work only after they opened and accepted the terms on the Samsung App, I did that, messed around some more and now it has logged in to Samsung account.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 78racing View Post

Just FYI - When i was running my Droid X I was having a lot of errors at first. I would perform a factory reset and it did not seem to fix the problems. I noticed a post on android central:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/froyo-factory-reset

It fixed all my issues. From that point on when ever I perform a factory reset I ensure that my 'backup data' and 'restore data' are not checked.

Not sure if Honeycomb is the same but I have been having multiple force closures and black screens. I am about to do a factory reset as well.
    Thanked by:

I got my update today but not sure what was updated. Kernel 2.6.36.3 se.infra@sep-58 #1 and the Build number is HMJ37.UEKF3 P7510UEKF3

To datastar: How were you notified about the update.. I just went to check for update and the tab showed.. no updates available.

I had a similar problem with service.. I bought a USB adapter and the tab would not read it with a flash drive in it... I called service and the tech "had never seen a USB".. and could not fix the problem.. other than saying... we are "going" to come out with a software update late summer.. that will "probably" address that problem.. I waited a month to get this.. and EVERYTHING I read said .. basically.. Plug and Play...not so nada nada zip.. what's up...?Any help from this side?

I have still not been able to get the update. I wonder if this has to do with the fact that I can't get the samsung account not to crash (twice) on each bootup? Or is that just a red herring?

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by elcheapodeluxe View Post
    I have still not been able to get the update. I wonder if this has to do with the fact that I can't get the samsung account not to crash (twice) on each bootup? Or is that just a red herring?
    That is odd. I too have been having the Samsung process crash twice (or maybe 2 processes each crashing once) on boot. An I also have not received an update even though I have checked.

Anyone else have any insight?

Samsung Galaxy Tab - Stock
    artlockwood69 likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

The update that is going out (and has been since last week) is just a small maintenance update to bring the early release unites (June 8th in NY) up to date with the other retail units (released June 17th). If you have one of the full retail release units (purchased on or after June 17th) there is no update for you
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.
    Thanked by 2:
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast