touch screen fail?

dkny2kx

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Recently my screen has been wigging out as of late.

What happens is that my screen is on but i can't touch anything and create actions. The lock screen will not unlock because of this. However, the screen will rotate. I can fix this by holding the power button for a soft restart.

However, this does not fix the problem forever. It occurs spontaneously, and without heavy application use.

Should I get a new one or see if an update will work...

dkny2kx

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I've had this happen once or twice. Both times I just waited for a minute or two and it started working again...
i'm going to see if i can return it...

althought spontaneous, it only happened recently... when i first had it for the first week it didn't do anything out of the ordinary

werkx

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
don't forget about background processes. so if they all kick in or running at same time, you will encounter system lag. i've encountered it too (email, calendar, contacts, pics, facebook, twitter, news reader, games, etc.) i was hoping not so much on a dual-core device with 1gb ram, but it still happens.

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
There are a couple of other threads on this problem. I'm on my second 10.1, as I returned my first on for that very reason. Mine locked up 4 times in two weeks. Twice the screen started 'glowing' from a rest state. I love my tab, but for $500 that should not happen.

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Mine was stuck like that the day I took it back. Left it like that to show BB, and then did a factory reset in front of them. It happened to mine 2-3 times a day and that was the final nail in the coffin.

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine does this too when resuming from sleep state. I chalk it up to Honeycomb still needing some bolts tightened. Vol-UP + Power button reboot fixes for me. Happens maybe 2-3 times a week if I never reboot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis