Question about creating backup using Mac

apurvaas

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys

I am new to android and I am still learning to use the system! I am fairly impressed and I am not going back to ios for sure!

A few basic questions...
How can I back up galaxy tab 10.1 on my Mac? Please detail the answer as I am not a tech geek :p
How can I sync tab to Mac? I tried doubletwist and it doesn't work! I installed kies but its not that good! Any options? Is there a way to get it working?

And last, is there a way to root this device using Mac? What is the process and what are the drawbacks?

I know that lots of people will be annoyed by this post so I am sorry if you feel so!
Thanks in advance for looking and responding...

apurvaas

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Backup what?

For any files, use dropbox. For pictures, use picasa web.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
wanted to back up entire device on mac so I can use it in future
Also wanted to know how to creat folders on home screen and in application menu so I can organize the application the way I want

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The only way to create a full backup is by rooting and flashing CWM. The only way to do that at the moment is by using Windows. You can bootcamp Windows using your Mac, but that is the only way to do it.

As far as syncing goes, Mac support was late to the party, but the updated Kies is the "official" way. Using apps like DoubleTwist, iSyncr will allow you to transfer your music over. A lot of people use FTP apps like Dropbox or SwiFTP to transfer files.

apurvaas

May 29, 2011
Visit site
The only way to create a full backup is by rooting and flashing CWM. The only way to do that at the moment is by using Windows. You can bootcamp Windows using your Mac, but that is the only way to do it.

As far as syncing goes, Mac support was late to the party, but the updated Kies is the "official" way. Using apps like DoubleTwist, iSyncr will allow you to transfer your music over. A lot of people use FTP apps like Dropbox or SwiFTP to transfer files.
thanks for the info! one more quick question! how do i root? before rooting, can i back up device, if i want to unroot it in future? if so any method for mac/windows?
TIA

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca