Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how to get a file off of my tab

my friend sent me a wav file of his band. I downloaded it on to my Tab. Whats the best way to move it to my PC? I attempted to just plug it in withe usb cord, but it wasnt visible fpr some reason.

Thanks

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

Default Re: how to get a file off of my tab

Email attachment? Bluetooth file transfer?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

When i try the email method, onlt pictures are available to attach. is that not normal?

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I honestly don't know. You can also try to install "File Manager HD (honeycomb)" which might give you more options for an attachment and also the ability to find the file manaully. As well, that program can copy programs to windows shares which might be just what you need.

Take care
    Gary
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by garyd9 View Post
    I honestly don't know. You can also try to install "File Manager HD (honeycomb)" which might give you more options for an attachment and also the ability to find the file manaully. As well, that program can copy programs to windows shares which might be just what you need.

Take care
    Gary
    all right, i will give that a try. Thanks.

Dropbox!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

I just installed the File manager HD and it works like a charm.. shows all files and lets you choose where to put them.. a lot more decorative than the Android app too.

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

I use that for getting files to and from my NAS all the time without having to root.

Sometimes when I plug into my PC, I have to unplug-replug once or twice to get the tab to show up as a device. I really hate that Kies program that Samsung utilizes. I had an Asus tab for 2 weeks, and it was plug-and-play with PC and Mac.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

File Manager HD worked well enough. Iwas able to to email the file. Unfortumately, the file is too big and and is hung in the outbox.

Global Posts
    2,343 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7/MazWoz on Evo

Quote Originally Posted by aggie92 View Post
    Dropbox!

Dropbox ftw. Dropbox has single handedly made getting document files shared between all my comouters so easy. I would recommend it to anyone.Use the link in my signature if you need an account.

Need a Dropbox account? Use my referral: http://db.tt/kWXWhEB