Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    665 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

Default Usb adapter is available people!

Just got my E-Mail from Samsung... The USB adapter is no longer on back order, and is finally available! Just ordered mine thru Samsung's site:

Galaxy Tab
    Sony Xperia Z1s
    Nexus 7 2012 (16GB)
    Thanked by 2:

ROM
    Blazer ROM/Stock Kernel

Thanks bud! $19.42 with tax and shipping thanks to coupon code googleio2011

sent to you in three dimensions

Got mine. $19.24. Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 10.1
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    665 Global Posts
    ROM
    All Stock (for now)

Default Re: Usb adapter is available people!

I paid 26; didn't have the code because I was so eager to get it
    Sony Xperia Z1s
    Nexus 7 2012 (16GB)

ROM
    Blazer ROM/Stock Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by luke31 View Post
    I paid 26; didn't have the code because I was so eager to get it
    Maybe see if you can cancel it, then re-order?

My case took a week to get here from Samsung. I wonder if I should wait to se if best buy will have it before mid week?

Whew, I was getting "mobile.samsung.com server error" all morning. I was finally able to get through and place the order after several hours of trying.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Just placed my order... $18.78 with Google coupon.

Thanks for the update!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by luke31 View Post
    Just got my E-Mail from Samsung... The USB adapter is no longer on back order, and is finally available! Just ordered mine thru Samsung's site:

Galaxy Tab
    Same here. Ordering mine tonight.

I should have asked before.... does this adapter work now or will we need an update of some sort?

USB hd's (like wd passport) seems conspicuously absent from supported device types. I hope I'm wrong...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

Quote Originally Posted by PaulQ View Post
    I should have asked before.... does this adapter work now or will we need an update of some sort?

It works now... Someone on XDA actually built a DIY version, and everything works as-is
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

Quote Originally Posted by ziggster View Post
    USB hd's (like wd passport) seems conspicuously absent from supported device types. I hope I'm wrong...
    Where are you seeing supported device types? The only thing I can see from the site is the overview description, which lists a few general devices, but nothing specific. Just curious if I am missing something
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.

To Paul Q:...I got a USB adapter, I connected it with a flash drive and it does not work..apparently we will need some sort of update to "use" it... seems like they would have emailed us or something. I guess they wouldn't want people to know that yet... oh well that let's samsung hold on to some of my money ..not much fortunately..

Quote Originally Posted by ziggster View Post
    I tried to connect my WD passport. Tab reported the device was a "high power" USB device and would not work.

Quote Originally Posted by rw0749 View Post
    To Paul Q:...I got a USB adapter, I connected it with a flash drive and it does not work..apparently we will need some sort of update to "use" it... seems like they would have emailed us or something. I guess they wouldn't want people to know that yet... oh well that let's samsung hold on to some of my money ..not much fortunately..
    Currently the only device I have been able to get to work with the USB adapter is a USB mouse.
    None of my scandisk Cruiser Flash drives mount. They plug in the light flashed on the drive but you can not browse for them with FileManger HD or any other app.

I am not happy, But I have faith it will get sorted out.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

what are the chances bestbuy will have these by this weekend?
    I fly out sat night for 4 months and i MUST have it before then.....I think I'm too late to order it through samsung

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gossett View Post
    Where are you seeing supported device types? The only thing I can see from the site is the overview description, which lists a few general devices, but nothing specific. Just curious if I am missing something
    Sorry...just now seeing this. I didn't see a supported device list, but on the info page they say "memory stick". It just seemed very specific, as in no way to interpret it as meaning usb hd.

So no, you didn't miss anything...I guess I sort of misspoke.

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lens pirate View Post
    I tried to connect my WD passport. Tab reported the device was a "high power" USB device and would not work.

Currently the only device I have been able to get to work with the USB adapter is a USB mouse.
    None of my scandisk Cruiser Flash drives mount. They plug in the light flashed on the drive but you can not browse for them with FileManger HD or any other app.

I am not happy, But I have faith it will get sorted out.
    HMMM... try downloading an app called OI File Manager. I read in a review of the Acer Iconia tab that it is the only app that will let you browse the USB drive contents on that tablet, maybe it will work on the Samsung? I don't have one yet so I can't test it.

Quote Originally Posted by njperry View Post
    HMMM... try downloading an app called OI File Manager. I read in a review of the Acer Iconia tab that it is the only app that will let you browse the USB drive contents on that tablet, maybe it will work on the Samsung? I don't have one yet so I can't test it.
    Most likely it will not work. As a previous owner of the Acer Ionia, the Acer was able to provide power to high powered USB devices.
    Unfortunately the Tab 10.1 does not. That's one of several features I miss from having the Acer, but I do like the Tab 10.1 form factor.
    I'll just have to make due with low powered devices. The Tab 10.1 can read large external hard drives, but the drive must supply it's own power, as well as being formatted to Fat 32. I'm currently using a 500 GB powered external hard drive. I have about 450 GB of it formatted to NTFS, and about 50 GB of it formatted to Fat 32 for use with the Tab.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

I bought a 1tb passport just 4 days before the Galaxy tab. I really debated about getting it because I knew that getting power could be an issue, but even if it did not need power, I want NTFS formatting and enjoy how portable the drive is...

Guess that I will make due with thumb drives. ;-)

Nexus one owner chiming in here. Why have cell phone makers been so slow to realize how friggin useful a functional USB port would be on a phone? Are the spaced out, high on drugs or what?
    Now that I have my N1 whenever my wife says "Are you sure?" I go online and show her.

The QR code of my Avatar is for a link to bone marrow donor registration. The more donors that are registered, the better a match for those receiving the transplant. It can not ONLY make the difference between life and death from excruciatingly agonizing graft vs host disease, but it can make an enormous difference in over all health care costs.