Too Many Apps Incompatible

dworsky

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
It has become really annoying to find an Android app, try to install it, and learn that the 10.1 is incompatible with it.

(I hope everyone knows that the Market icon on the home screen takes you to a filtered list of apps that work on the Tab 10.1. If you go to http://market.android.com , you see the full list of all apps, but will see a warning if any particular one is incompatible with your device.)

For example, HBO GO is a new app to let HBO subscribers watch shows on their cellphone or tablet.

It is not compatible with the 10.1.

Why? I believe it is looking for a device whose specifications include containing a telephone. Whether a tablet has a telephone line should be irrelevant to whether an app like this will work or be installable.

Does anyone know a workaround for incompatible apps that are looking for a phone as part of the device?

Thanks,
Edgar

drethos

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Its mostly incompatability with honeycomb. Most of this problem is due to lazy developers, lazy lazy developers who only do the bare minimum and think its fine. I had the same problem with my Xoom. There are a few apps that only work with certain chip sets. But most of those are getting updated like samuri II.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781