Tasks Apk (Exchange Sync) Touchwiz

JSquared534

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung Galaxy S2 comes with an app called "Tasks", which is just an ordinary tasks list, that can sync onto the phone or with google tasks. However, where it becomes awesome (at least to me), is that it has out of the box Exchange/Outlook tasks syncing. I absolutely love that feature. So, I tried to import the apk to my Galaxy Tab 10.1 running touchwiz. I moved the Tasks apk and the tasks provider apk into the system apps, and it launches. It also works..except it doesn't give me the Exchange syncing as an option.

So, obviously I think this has something to do with the email apk on the tab being different than the Galaxy S2. My question is, does anyone know a way that I could get the email apk from Galaxy S2 onto my tablet so that I can sync the tasks? I have tried replacing the existing email apk on the tab, but it did not work. (that was a last resort anyway, would much rather have honeycomb email if at all possible). The Galaxy Tab has apks called Exchange.apk and ExchangeProvider.apk, which is not in the rom for the Galaxy S2 that I looked at. I'm definately not a developer, so I've reached the end of my own abilities, short of potentially bricking my device.

Any suggestions?

jared1333

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Yea man that is a tough one... I use touchdown for tablets and it is my fav email program for outlook/exchange. You should give that a try. Very nice tablet interface

Good luck fixing tasks though!

fmjrey

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
This app is probably developped by Samsung and I wish it could become part of stock Android too. Android needs an official "Task provider" and the one provided by Samsung fits the bill (com.android.providers.tasks).
Not sure what else is required to make this work on other devices. Any progress since asking?

descartes

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Tasks came with my SGS2 and initially worked well syncing with MS Exchange (wirelessly). However, recently I've noticed that the reminders for Tasks are setting at GMT rather than local time. My Calendar works OK so It's not my Exchange Server clock. When I put a local reminder time in the SGS2 it sets at local time in the SGS2 but at GMT in MS Exchange. When I put a local time in my PC (MS Exchange) it sets at GMT in the SGS2. Samsung keep telling me my server clock is wrong but how can that be if calendar works? I think they are in denial. Any advice?

Vineet Chadha1

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi dude...I was seriously looking for this apk to install on my galaxy s4. I miss this widget so much. Would u mind sending me that apk so that I could install it ?

Posted via Android Central App