Returned My GT 10.1 yesterday

rsix

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
all of the marketing hype and literature clearly states that the 10.1 is an IMPROVEMENT over the 7in so I ask how is it and IMPROVEMENT when the specs are LESS than the product you are supposed to have improved upon?

not having gorilla glass, the display coming apart and now the sleep of death is what early adopters are suffering thru.

I urge patience, let the bugs get worked out, updates pushed thru and buy a few months later and be happy with a decive thats stable and wont fall apart on you.
How is it not an improvement? Its running the tegra 2 with more Ram and Honeycomb. These spec improvements are huge.

It doesn't have Gorilla Glass, but if that's an issue for you buy a Xoom or Transformer, most of us dont care. We will take the weight savings. Why do you keep refering to the "display coming apart"? I have no idea what you mean by "Sleep of death" but I can only imagine it is a reference to the sleep issues on the Toshiba Thrive (That were very quickly fixed).

Please to the readers reading this thread, I own a GT 10.1, his statements do not reflect owners experience of the device.

rsix

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
There's some great feedback regarding the 10.1 vs. the transformer on here. I was wondering if people had any insight on the 10.1 vs. the xoom. That would be greatly appreciated.
The Transformer is pretty much exactly the same as the Xoom. The only benefit you get with the Xoom would be faster updating. Other than that most of the comparison criteria would be the same.

If you can live without ports and with slower updates I would choose the GT 10.1 every time.

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I tried the iPad and GTB and chose the Tab. My wife and I have had them since release and have no scratches. When not in use it is in a case but no screen shields and no scratches.

Screen is gorgeous and OS works. Eager for some apps, what's up with At Bat and Netlix? but does all I need. Unlike some I am not too pleased with the speakers. When playing movies I have to really turn up the sound or use ear buds. I can stream movies from CBS, HBOBO web site, TNT website and have loaded several of my own movies.

Camera is okay for a tablet but then I did not expect much.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
How is it not an improvement? Its running the tegra 2 with more Ram and Honeycomb. These spec improvements are huge.

Curious about this too... What specs on the 7" Tab are superior to the 10.1? None.

The screen issues, where the screen was seperating from back, were isolated to the I/O edition. And SOD happens to many devices.

10 inch panels are much harder and much more expensive to produce than a seven inch panel, and honestly, if you're abusing a $500+ device enough that you're scratching up the screen, you should be using a case and screen protector.

lonepanther

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

It doesn't have Gorilla Glass, but if that's an issue for you buy a Xoom or Transformer, most of us dont care. We will take the weight savings. Why do you keep refering to the "display coming apart"? I have no idea what you mean by "Sleep of death" but I can only imagine it is a reference to the sleep issues on the Toshiba Thrive (That were very quickly fixed).

Please to the readers reading this thread, I own a GT 10.1, his statements do not reflect owners experience of the device.

as u pointed out ppl come to the forum seeking information and ur fanboi advice telling ppl to ignore advice is quite unhelpful.

indeed the GT suffers from the sleep of death just like the thrive. u point out that toshiba sent out a fix which just underscores my point more: do not be an early adopter of electronic devices!

it is foolish to to buy first generation when it comes to electronics. y is toshiba praised for fixing a prob that should have been detected prerelease?

generalmax3

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Wow thanks for all the replies and opinions.

It does look like the GT10.1 is the tab i must repurchase...albeit with a case (rooCase) and/or a screen protector.

Been without it for about a day now...and I really want it back...i just wish Samsung would push out that impressive looking TouchWiz UX software ASAP!!!

Thanks Guys! (and Gal! LOL)

Looks like I am gonna take a dive at the GT 10.1 once again...

rsix

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
as u pointed out ppl come to the forum seeking information and ur fanboi advice telling ppl to ignore advice is quite unhelpful.

indeed the GT suffers from the sleep of death just like the thrive. u point out that toshiba sent out a fix which just underscores my point more: do not be an early adopter of electronic devices!

it is foolish to to buy first generation when it comes to electronics. y is toshiba praised for fixing a prob that should have been detected prerelease?
Name calling certainly helps your point. Maybe you should look at my post history before you jump to conclusions. They absolutely should ignore you. I'd be surprised if you ever held a GT 10.1.

lonepanther

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Curious about this too... What specs on the 7" Tab are superior to the 10.1? None.

The screen issues, where the screen was seperating from back, were isolated to the I/O edition. And SOD happens to many devices.

10 inch panels are much harder and much more expensive to produce than a seven inch panel, and honestly, if you're abusing a $500+ device enough that you're scratching up the screen, you should be using a case and screen protector.

it is actually cheaper to make 10" screens than smaller screens and y do u assume ppl are "abusing" their device? since tabs are known as MOBILE DEVICES it goes without saying that to protect them from the daily rigors of being thrown in bookbags or purses that gorilla glass should have been mandatory just like it is on the tabs competitors.

fact is the tab was rushed and hurridely redesigned to compete with the ipad deux and it shows in a markedly inferior product compared to the 7in

lonepanther

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Name calling certainly helps your point. Maybe you should look at my post history before you jump to conclusions. They absolutely should ignore you. I'd be surprised if you ever held a GT 10.1.

lol "ur post history", really? ur claims to some authority due to ur ramblings on some forum is shockingly pathetic. i care not one wit of what uve regurgitated in the past and ppl seeking advice should weigh EVERYTHING carefully when it comes to consumer research on the net and take fanboi "advice" like urs with extreme skepticism.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
it is actually cheaper to make 10" screens than smaller screens and y do u assume ppl are "abusing" their device? since tabs are known as MOBILE DEVICES it goes without saying that to protect them from the daily rigors of being thrown in bookbags or purses that gorilla glass should have been mandatory just like it is on the tabs competitors.

fact is the tab was rushed and hurridely redesigned to compete with the ipad deux and it shows in a markedly inferior product compared to the 7in

I disagree. I haven't had a single issue with my Tab, and many others on here haven't either. And you still haven't said how your Galaxy Tab is superior to the 10.1

generalmax3

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

If abusing a tablet meant normal use at home then putting in my laptop book bag that I use everyday (nothing else in there) then call me guilty of tablet abuse....I just dont think i have to go out and spend another $60 to $75 bucks to "protect" my investment that I am not "manhandling".

lonepanther

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
If abusing a tablet meant normal use at home then putting in my laptop book bag that I use everyday (nothing else in there) then call me guilty of tablet abuse....I just dont think i have to go out and spend another $60 to $75 bucks to "protect" my investment that I am not "manhandling".

u are absolutely correct! not having gorilla glass is a shocking oversight by samsung and was done no doubt to meet artificial deadlines

Croak

May 8, 2010
Visit site
There's a price to pay for that thinness. Samsung is using an entirely new process with the 10.1 (and 8.9) and if they went with Gorilla Glass, the device would be thicker and heavier.

They made a call, and I suspect it was the right one.

Cost had nothing to do with it, other than the cost of being thicker and heavier than the iPad 2, which they were not willing to pay hence the complete redesign. Also noteworthy is that the chunky version they scrapped did come with Gorilla Glass.

But guess what else doesn't have Gorilla Glass? The iPad 2.

lonepanther

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I disagree. I haven't had a single issue with my Tab, and many others on here haven't either. And you still haven't said how your Galaxy Tab is superior to the 10.1

lotta defensive GT 10 owners out there, lol, its just a machine calm down.

and yes. my GT 7 is superior to the 10, perhaps bc the display is in one piece...

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
lol uve debunked nothing. the GT 7 is a superior, better made more stable tablet than the much hyped 10. sorry truth hurts!

Clearly you are happy with your GT7, so feel free to share your experiences in that forum. If you do not own or have not owned a 10.1, why are you posting so much here?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power