Netflix OFFICIAL App

jrmarinojr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Okay so I am planning on buying the Tab 10.1 today, however it needs to have Netflix work in order for me to want to keep this thing. That being said, I know that the Netflix APK has worked for most people. However I do not know the first thing about downloading APK's onto Android devices, I only download apps from the Android Market. With all of the buzz going around with this DRM problem, will Netflix ever release an OFFICIAL app in the Android Market or will we have to DL the APK for it to work? Responses are much appreciated.

Sambo41

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Okay so I am planning on buying the Tab 10.1 today, however it needs to have Netflix work in order for me to want to keep this thing. That being said, I know that the Netflix APK has worked for most people. However I do not know the first thing about downloading APK's onto Android devices, I only download apps from the Android Market. With all of the buzz going around with this DRM problem, will Netflix ever release an OFFICIAL app in the Android Market or will we have to DL the APK for it to work? Responses are much appreciated.
Go get your Galaxy Tab 10.1. The Netflix app is working great! You can also stream Amazon Instant Video and Hulu programs from their websites. It's awesome!

jrmarinojr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
You got the Netflix app right from the Android Market? Everyone said that was not working which is why they needed to download the APK....

rsix

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The instructions in the thread:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-10-inch/104901-netflix-1-3-works-gt-10-1-a.html

Are for the official version, we just can't download it from the market because our device isn't on the approved list yet. All you need to do is make sure you allow third party apps to be installed, you download the file, and install it.

If you need help with giving permission to sideload apps just ask I'd be more than happy to help.

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I underdstand your hesitance but downloading an apk is not really any more difficult than installing one from the market. As long as you have a link, you just click it, the file downloads then when you get a 'Download Complete' notification in the notification tray, click that and it will install.

Don't let this get in the way of buying a great tab.

Just so you have the information you need, read this post at Phandroid on how to get the most recent version. I installed it on mine and it works great. They will get an 'Official' Honeycomb version eventually...it's just good business for them. But in the mean time use the one that's available.

PSA: Netflix 1.3 APK Could Work on Your Honeycomb Tablet

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Downloading the apk is really no different than downloading from the market. Once out finished downloading, click on it (either in your notification bar or in the Downloads app) and select install. That's it!

jrmarinojr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I will be buying the Tab this afternoon with that GREAT Staples discount and take a stab at DL'ing the APK. Thanks again.

markp99

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the feedback guys. I will be buying the Tab this afternoon with that GREAT Staples discount and take a stab at DL'ing the APK. Thanks again.
Awesome. So, I guess we'll see you next after you buy your Tab, and then stream 100+ episodes of Lost from Netflix! :D ;)

jrmarinojr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Question for you guys - went to Staples and the guy tried to convince me to go for the Acer Iconia A500. Now I know that these salesman push products they need off the shelves, but it did make me think. What justifies the Tab's $100 more price besides its thinness and light weight? The Acer also had mini HDMI port, mini SD, and micro USB. What gives???!!

markp99

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
What justifies the Tab's $100 more price besides its thinness and light weight? The Acer also had mini HDMI port, mini SD, and micro USB. What gives???!!
Really, it is largely about the thinness and lightness of the device. I had the XOOM for 12 days, but returned it once I learned the Tab was announced.

The Samsung device is just a pleasure to hold & use. The SD/Ports issue is just not important for the way I want to use the device. I purchased the USB adapter (good price deal), but I really cannot say how I might actually NEED to use that thing.

Good luck!

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Question for you guys - went to Staples and the guy tried to convince me to go for the Acer Iconia A500. Now I know that these salesman push products they need off the shelves, but it did make me think. What justifies the Tab's $100 more price besides its thinness and light weight? The Acer also had mini HDMI port, mini SD, and micro USB. What gives???!!

I originally had the Acer Iconia. It was OK when I had it in my lap or on a solid surface. If I tried to browse the web while holding it, it became rather uncomfortable after a period of time. I like the fact that it had multiple ports, but I rarely used any of them.
I exchanged it for the Tab 10.1, and I'm pleased with my purchase.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Sambo41

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Really, it is largely about the thinness and lightness of the device. I had the XOOM for 12 days, but returned it once I learned the Tab was announced.

The Samsung device is just a pleasure to hold & use. The SD/Ports issue is just not important for the way I want to use the device. I purchased the USB adapter (good price deal), but I really cannot say how I might actually NEED to use that thing.

Good luck!
I was also impressed by the thinness and light weight of the GT 10.1. I use File Manager Pro(HONEYCOMB) and can move files wirelessly of my home network so I'm not sure I'd have a need for the usb port either.

GMoney749

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

Ports are overrated. I've never plugged anything into the HDMI port on my EVO and can't think of any reason I ever would. And swapping out SD cards is great in theory, but I've never done that on a device that took them either. Ports add weight that you're going to regret having when you sitting around trying to hold the tablet up.

I do whatever I can to avoid EVER having to plug a wire into any of my devices. I have Dropbox on everything and have no problems getting files wherever I need them.

jrmarinojr

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Ports are overrated. I've never plugged anything into the HDMI port on my EVO and can't think of any reason I ever would. And swapping out SD cards is great in theory, but I've never done that on a device that took them either. Ports add weight that you're going to regret having when you sitting around trying to hold the tablet up.

I do whatever I can to avoid EVER having to plug a wire into any of my devices. I have Dropbox on everything and have no problems getting files wherever I need them.

How about streaming Netflix from Tab to HDTV?

GMoney749

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
How about streaming Netflix from Tab to HDTV?

Why? There are a number of devices (including my Google TV and Wii downstairs and Roku/Xbox360/PS3 in the loft upstairs) that will stream Netflix to HDTV. Seems most VCRs nowadays will as well. Even if I didn't have ALL of those devices, why would I want to depend on my battery-powered tablet to watch movies on my TV in my home?

Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. IMHO.

1414H77

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Netflix works on the Tab 10.1, but some things do not work. For example, the search button does not work so you can't search for movies.

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Netflix works on the Tab 10.1, but some things do not work. For example, the search button does not work so you can't search for movies.

I thought the same thing. The search bar opens at the top of the screen & works fine...just hard to notice at first.

Just tap inside the search field & your keyboard will pop up.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae