1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Default The Future of The Galaxy Tab 10.1

In light of this new coupon from staples I've been reading a lot of the forum posts about the Galaxy Tab 10.1 to make sure I really want to buy it. I've been seeing that the Transformer seems to be the closest competitor for plenty of reasons but the most important to me seems to be the keyboard dock with usb ports and a micro SD, HDMI, etc...then it came to me...

Is it possible that Samsung has put a 30 pin connection on it because they intend to make a similar dock that will bring all of the extended functionality of the Transformer or even of a laptop? I guess my real question is: is a 30 pin connection capable of making the GT 10.1 connect to all these peripherals?

Just a thought...I'm still going to buy the darn thing, I mean it's amazing!

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: The Future of The Galaxy Tab 10.1

In some way yes, I haven't seen a fully functional keyboard like you explained yet. But they do have plans for a SD adapter, and an HDMI adapter. They already have a keyboard and USB adapter. The main issue you'll run into now is you have to buy a separate dongle for each function you want.

I'm not sure if Samsung has plans to release an All in one device like what the TF uses, but my guess would be no based on what they have already released.
    Losers quit when they're tired, winners quit when they've won.

There is a keyboard dock coming out (or already out) that connects to the Tab 10.1, but it doesn't make it an actual laptop like the Asus Transformer.

I'll be happy as long as the future of the Tab 10.1 has Ice Cream Sandwich in it!

Wish this one had a USB port or 2

tab&cp=1&lp=5

The USB adapter is nice..There is also a new Seagate Wireless Portable Hard Drive... 500G that supports the 10.1... that expands your storage to 500+.. and the drive will support two devices at the same time!!!$199 at BestBuy

ROM
    Synergy