No Market video?

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the new market on my thunderbolt and on my new GT 10.1.
On the tb I have a section to rent videos as well as a Google video player app. On the GT I have only a Book and App section and the video app says its not compatible. does anyone know when Market video rental will be available for tablets?

Im going on a trip the 12th and would like to rent a movie or 2 to watch on my flights.

thanks.

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately you will have to rent them on your Bolt right now. Google movies is not yet available for the GT 10.1 yet. There are some streaming alternatives if you go with wifi on your flight. We are all in the same boat for the "coming weeks". :)

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
How would I go about renting and watching a movie from amazon on my tablet?
would this allow me to watch the movie offline while on a plane?

Iv used amazon to rent 2 movies..like a year ago on my laptop. so Iv not used it in a long time.

thanks.

waynew73

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
How would I go about renting and watching a movie from amazon on my tablet?
would this allow me to watch the movie offline while on a plane?

Iv used amazon to rent 2 movies..like a year ago on my laptop. so Iv not used it in a long time.

thanks.

I've watched the streaming videos on Amazon VOD. You just need to make sure that in the web browser settings That you don't have "mobile view" checked. It will play juat like it does on a computer.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Tapatalk

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I've watched the streaming videos on Amazon VOD. You just need to make sure that in the web browser settings That you don't have "mobile view" checked. It will play juat like it does on a computer.

Streaming is not what im worried about. I would like to have the movies available offline to watch on my flights.

I might have to revert to ripping some movies and Dropboxing them to my GT if there is no other way by then.... Id rather not go through Decoding and converting a few 4gig dvds though. :-\

waynew73

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Streaming is not what im worried about. I would like to have the movies available offline to watch on my flights.

I might have to revert to ripping some movies and Dropboxing them to my GT if there is no other way by then.... Id rather not go through Decoding and converting a few 4gig dvds though. :-\

That I'm still trying to figure out options as well. HTC Watch still.has to limited of a selection and when I travel overseas, which is often, I can't rely on internet connection and when I'm on the plane, there isn't one.

elcheapodeluxe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't there something about google's movie rental system being designed not to work on devices which have unlocked bootloaders or that have been rooted? Did that turn out to be true?

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
got an email from google today..just some bs canned reply about the video app and coming soon to my phone... my original email was about tablets and that I already had the app on my phone...oh google.

"next few weeks" - Google support
Edit: here is the email.. now Im not an English professor, but come on:

Android Market Movies Support android-market-movies-support@google.com to me
show details 3:59 PM (1 hour ago)
Hi,

Thanks for contacting us.

The Videos app, which is used to watch movies on Android devices, isn't
available for your device at this time, but you can rent and stream movies
on your computer on Android Market (market.android.com) and on YouTube
(youtube.com/movies).

If you're using a device running Android 2.2. or above, you can look
forward to receiving the new Android Market update in the next few weeks.
Once the new version of Android Market is on your phone, you be able to
install the Videos app and enjoy your movie rentals on your device!

Thanks again for your enthusiasm for movies on Android Market!

Regards,

Tina
The Android Market Team

Stormhead77

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I have to call bs on that one. The XDA listing says that if Videos hasn't been released for your device that you can install it, but it won't work. Sooooo, yeah there's that. :)

Topdecker

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
If you elect to rip a DVD that you own, avoid using the ac3 audio - that codec either is not installed or is borked and you will get nice video but no audio.

Reactions: Edwill86

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech