Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By rebornr
  • 1 Post By TheDonJ77
  • 1 Post By Stormhead77
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Give Developers Some Love

We all complain about the lack of good apps for Honeycomb. Yesterday, I visited

http://hcapps.blogspot.com/

and found out that the Syfy channel has a new app 'built exclusively for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and Motorola Xoom tablets'. I like the Syfy channel so I went and downloaded it. IMHO it is the best app (of it's type) developed for this platform so far. Lots of info but speedy and quick (as opposed to CNN which is great but takes forever to update). Beautifully designed with lots of attention to detail (tilt the tablet and see the pseudo 3-D effect).

So what's my point? I had to go to a 3rd party site to find it. Not a featured apps in the Marketplace. I did a search (using the word 'tablet') in the Marketplace and it was on page 6 or 7 yet there were plenty of crap apps before it that were just scaled up versions of a phone app! If this is how Google rewards the big developers who spend time and money to develop apps specifically for the Honeycomb platform then why should they?? I even tried to show some appreciation by giving them a good review and 12 hours later it still isn't posted. Sometimes I think that the Marketplace is run by an intern and two monkeys.

So my thought is that we need to show the developers who put in this kind of effort that their hard work is not for naught despite Google's seeming indifference. Download the app just to see what it's like - then delete it if you don't use it. I just think that developers need to know that we care even if Google doesn't. I don't have any connection to Syfy and I would love to hear of other apps whose developers put in the same amount of sweat they obviously have.

At this early stage of the game we need to reward the good guys!
    Thanked by:
    SassyPenguin likes this.

Global Posts
    721 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rasbean Jelly/Trinity

Default Re: Give Developers Some Love

Excellent points. Not a HUGE fan of the syfy channel but I will d/l today and make sure the old man who LOVES syfy channel knows about this. Thanks for the info.
    Thanked by 2:
    rw0749 likes this.

Downloading now. :-) Wonder-Developer powers unite, form of Honeycomb App.!
    rebornr likes this.

Thanks for this site, and the Syfy app. I love their cheesy Saturday night movies. Downloading.