1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default yeah, so this "multi-tasking" thing?

perhaps i misunderstood. I thought that I would be able to play music in one tab, for example, and read something in another tab. Not so though. What's with all this multi-tasking talk?

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts

Default Re: yeah, so this "multi-tasking" thing?

What are you using to listen to music?

I have no problem playing music while using other apps. I usually use either Pandora or DoubleTwist.

I think he means like having YouTube music up on one tab and browsing a forum in the other...

Global Posts
    931 Global Posts

Honeycomb doesn't do "true" multitasting. What it does is fast swap, by having what you were recently doing cached it allows you to swap the windows. But unlike the playbook and the HP touch pad were you can swipe or bring multiple windows up on the screen. But as far as the music thingy idk I use amazon cloud player and I've let it play swapped screens and it keeps playing but I can't watch a movie and swap screens and have it keep playing. But my playbook can do that though I don't find it useful and the HP touch pad every time I test it I swipe and the ***** os misinterprets a side gesture as a close middle and up gesture.
    But this is kinda multitasking.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Devices: Blackberry torch 9800 (retired), Motorola Xoom (returned), Blackberry PlayBook (sold), iPad2 (returned), Samsung galaxy tab 10.1, Samsung infuse

Quote Originally Posted by funruiner View Post
    perhaps i misunderstood. I thought that I would be able to play music in one tab, for example, and read something in another tab. Not so though. What's with all this multi-tasking talk?
    So, you're listening to music in one BROSWER window while you surf in another? Sorry, that doesn't work on Honeycomb. However, you can listen to music from other apps while you surf, like Pandora or Amazon CloudPlayer just fine.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yes, I understand now. I just wanted to have an interview playing in one tab, while i browsed in another one. Not big deal, onviously, I just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something here.

Global Posts
    359 Global Posts

have you tried two different browsers?