this thing is pretty sweet.
07-30-2011 08:48 AM
- Zinio Magazine Reader- it's free, and you buy subscriptions. Magazines look great, crisp, plus you can go back to backlogs.
Sketchbook- it's a fun drawing program
Bouncy Mouse- dumb, ridiculous but fun game with a bouncy mouse. You collect cheese and kill cats. lol.
Samsung Leather Case- it's really nice. Leather on the inside. Really slick design for a slick tablet.07-25-2011 10:41 PM
- Some apps I'm using and really like...
News360 - pretty much all the news you could ever want.
Pulse - also great news app, totally configurable as to the feeds you get
Pandora - music music music
Vplayer - best movie player I've found, plays every format I've thrown at it so far
AndFTP - ftp client
imo - all in one IM client (supports aim, skype, yim, msn, talk, and others)
Splashtop HD - stream your computers desktop to your devices (paid app, but worth it)
Yelp - mmm restaurant reviews
Ustream - view ustream broadcast
Jplayer - view jtv broadcast
Astro - file manager
Dropbox - share files in the cloud
Google Docs - more cloud goodness
IMdb - so I can look up movies n stuff
Opera browser - good alternative to the built in browser
Paypal & Chase - so I can keep tabs on my accounts
WoW Armory - because I'm a nerd and play WoW
Engadget - because its fun to read the biggest Apple biased tech site on my Android tablet
XDA - essential for any Android user
Skype - meh07-26-2011 04:20 AM
- It's already been mentioned but I can't stress enough the need for a nice slim case or pouch for the Tab. I own both official products from Samsung. They keep the slim design of the Tab, and make it look so nice when carrying it around.
Also, I would recommend downloading the Netflix APK if you have a smartphone that is Netflix capable. You don't have to root your device, do anything illegal, or fool with a messy installation that would potentially damage the Tab. It's a simple install from once device to another. Having Netfilx on my Tab is incredible.
Also, find a good wallpaper app (I use PicSpeed HD & Zedge). The ability to customize your lock and home screen with your unique style is priceless.
I suggest installing an app called "Application Protector." This app allows you to protect individual apps from prying eyes by requiring a pin# to access the app. You wouldn't want to use a pin# to access every app, but for certain apps this is quite useful. For instance, I require a pin# on all my financial apps, android market, and dropbox. This way, when my kids are playing with the Tab they cannot mistakenly download apps without knowing the pin#.07-26-2011 09:31 AM
- Splashtop Remote Desktop HD is a must. You can remotely access any registered PC's. I have my tab connected to my home PC, my work PC and my personal laptop - which means I can remotely access any files from any of those PC's whenever I want! Plus, since you're remotely accessing a dedicated PC, hulu, netflix and even online MMORPG's are playable/viewable through your tab! If you decide to buy it, it's only $6. Well worth it in my view.07-26-2011 12:04 PM
- 07-26-2011 12:41 PM
- Splashtop Remote Desktop HD is a must. You can remotely access any registered PC's. I have my tab connected to my home PC, my work PC and my personal laptop - which means I can remotely access any files from any of those PC's whenever I want! Plus, since you're remotely accessing a dedicated PC, hulu, netflix and even online MMORPG's are playable/viewable through your tab! If you decide to buy it, it's only $6. Well worth it in my view.07-26-2011 01:49 PM
- 07-26-2011 02:39 PM
- Splashtop Inc. - remote desktop software with high performance video & audio
Works great but for best results with remote access you should have a static IP.07-26-2011 02:44 PM
The screen resolution on your Mac goes wonky because it is now the resolution of your Tab (sort of like if you hook a computer up to a projector) but as soon as you disconnect it goes back to normal. The instructions are really easy. Not sure how it does it's voodoo but it works! There's even a beta application for Lion but I'm not touching Lion until I absolutely, positively have to.07-26-2011 02:57 PM
http://www.careace.net/2011/07/20/ho...ycomb-tablets/07-26-2011 03:45 PM
It has a Dropbox plugin that allows me to do more than the official Dropbox app. It allows me to rename and move files in my Dropbox account. Something the official Dropbox app lacks.
Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk07-28-2011 06:53 AM
Now if only HBO Go was available...07-28-2011 09:26 PM
- Samsung Android Tablets
- More Samsung Tablets
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10-inch
this thing is pretty sweet.
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD