Dolphin Browser for Tab is Out

zariman

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Tab optimized version of Dolphin Browser is released in the market.

The typing is almost lag-free and it comes with all the features we know Dolphin Browser is good for.

It's free so go ahead and try it. It will most likely replace stock and opera browsers instantly.

In fact I'm typing this post using the Dolphin browser without a problem.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Boy, I sure hope it can display my company's expense report website better than the current version. It's bad enough that I can't use it.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Same jacked up rendering as the HD version. Going to keep playing with it to see why it's better than HD, but don't really see any difference so far.

Nicnivin

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I just downloaded Dolphin, never used it before. I do like it better, renders web pages that I was having trouble with on the stock browser. :D

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Also has the same annoying bug where you try to input something in "search this forum" here on AC, and you can't because the keyboard pops up and right back down. I'll just stick with the HD version for now. :mad:

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
It's a little buggy, The side bars don't always pop out properly and that keyboard issue too. They should have waited and worked harder before going to Beta since HD is pretty good itself.

bigsyd

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Did you try changing the agent to Desktop instead of Android? Try some of the others as well.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy 10.1 Tablet using Tapatalk

bigsyd

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Nope. Same jacked up rendering as the HD version. Going to keep playing with it to see why it's better than HD, but don't really see any difference so far.

Did you try changing the agent to Desktop instead of Android? Try some of the others as well.

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

Yeah. First thing I did. Not a fan of mobile browsers on any Tablet :)

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm one of those people that has never really had a prpblem with the stock browser. It typically performs pretty well, pans and zooms very fluidly, I don't have the force closes that some people have. But I tried this to see if the interface was anytihng unique. I did like the side bars that have other controls...that's one thing I like about Firefox mobile...but in its beta form it still needs a little more work before I could rely on it every day. WHen they get it polioshed up I might try it again and see what it adds. For now I'll stick with the more than ample stock browser.

bigsyd

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
How do you do this? It keeps sending me to the mobile versions of certain websites!

Ive noticed the same thing. ESPN.com is a perfect example. I can change to desktop but ESPN still sends me to their mobile site. I believe Facebook is another that will send you to the mobile version.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Ive noticed the same thing. ESPN.com is a perfect example. I can change to desktop but ESPN still sends me to their mobile site. I believe Facebook is another that will send you to the mobile version.
This is apparently fixed in Android 3.2.

Until then, though, in the stock browser type about:debug in the address field and hit enter. Then go to settings and change the UA String to "Desktop".

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Hope they release an update for the settings screen. The screen orientation will only display right side up.
They tend to forget that those of us with the official Samsung case, our device is turned upside down in typing mode.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If anyone is having issues loading full websites instead of mobile, don't bother with Dolphin....it's even worse!!!

I really haven't found any reason to continue using Dolphin over the stock browser.