office documents on tablet

dsbest

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I am interested in knowing if anyone has used a tablet to actually edit existing excel documents that they get from their office pc's.

I currently use a laptop and put a thumbdrive in with excel documents so that i can edit and print proposals in the field. I would like to switch to this with a Galaxy 10" if possible. I have been using blue tooth printer for years now. I hope the androids will have an app that truley can handle an excel file.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
all android devices (well for sure the 2 I own) come with Quickoffice installed. if you have a Android phone you can test it out. it basically works the same as the tab version. Im sure there are also 3rd party apps that might do this better.

they only way to know if it will suite your needs is to try it out. you can always head to a best buy and play with a demo version to see if the app does what you need it to out of the box.

jasonmh26

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I am interested in knowing if anyone has used a tablet to actually edit existing excel documents that they get from their office pc's.

I have and it seems to work fine. I have some Excel files for calculating sales figures and quotes and they work great on the tablet, even the cells with formuals work right.

rebornr

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I have and it seems to work fine. I have some Excel files for calculating sales figures and quotes and they work great on the tablet, even the cells with formuals work right.
I might be mistaken but you can't change or create formulas though except for one (whose interface is so clumsy and bad I disregarded it). I think that was the one disappointing missing feature from a lot of these office apps.

sekao8

Jun 3, 2011
www.awoakes.com
This is actually the main use of my Galaxy Tab
I create a Excel Sheet on my computer and in the field I use it for estimations
I use Dropbox, keep the file in there and create a shortcut on my desktop

The Excel sheet has to be set up so you only enter values in the field, entering equations have only worked once or twice for me

but I keep like five or six worksheets full of equations and I can copy and paste them into the cells I would like that equation in.

Quickoffice said that their upcoming update/version will be better equipped to do this, but since this version came free on our tabs we might have to pay for the newer version

jasonmh26

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I might be mistaken but you can't change or create formulas though except for one (whose interface is so clumsy and bad I disregarded it). I think that was the one disappointing missing feature from a lot of these office apps.

That may be true, I actually have not tried to change a formula since the spreadsheets already had them created on the computer.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I use both Quickoffice HD and Documents To Go full version.
They both work well for me. I can also use formulas to calculate numbers imputed in cells.
They both have quite a few formulas for my use.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
If these are not proprietary documents, why not upload them to Google Docs and use the GDocs app? That way they are available everywhere you go, and they are always up to date.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
As for me, it's a pain to use Google Docs on my tablet.
The Google Docs app is basically a launcher to the mobile site.
Once on the mobile site, I can switch to desktop view, but it's slow.
I've tried Quickoffice and Documents To Go as way of accessing my Google Doc files.
It can take 30 seconds or more for each app to access my files.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome