Verizon TAB 4GLTE

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine is waiting for me at home! So excited! I had the wifi only version but returned it when I pre-ordered the LTE one.

Kevin Gossett

Retired Moderator
Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
They changed the location of the buttons probably to fit the radio in. You can see pics on the VZW web site. TW won't launch until next week

Reactions: PjD#AC

PjD#AC

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
They changed the location of the buttons probably to fit the radio in. You can see pics on the VZW web site. TW won't launch until next week

Makes sense on the buttons.
I was thinking since its so close to the update next week that these 4GLTE version may come with it from VZW......

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
im happy with my WiFi only one. got it 100 off at staples. I have a Tbolt if I need 4g I can activate the hotspot. good luck with it. The GT is really nice. I really like it.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Any reason people purchase this rather than get a wifi only and root their Android phone to be able to tether? (Just curious)

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Any reason people purchase this rather than get a wifi only and root their Android phone to be able to tether? (Just curious)
4G speeds. The ability to move the 4G SIM to a new device and keep service. Keep your phone battery from running down.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I like letting my phone just...sit. I'd rather just use the data plan on the tablet and not worry about connecting another device to it. Come to think of it, I couldn't even get my rooted Charge to tether successfully to my original wifi Tab 10.1. I was waiting for a 4G tablet and this is it :)

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey Stang68, tell me nice things about the 10.1 LTE... I was going to leave work early, and am still stuck in the office past midnight now, while my tablet sits at home.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I dont want my wifi connection interupted because I get a phone call while being tethered to my phone. You cant operate a business this way. 4G is a must.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
im happy with my WiFi only one. got it 100 off at staples. I have a Tbolt if I need 4g I can activate the hotspot. good luck with it. The GT is really nice. I really like it.
I'm with you on that. I have the 16 gig wifi so if and when I need internet access on the go w/o wifi, I can just activate my hotspot on the evo and I am good to go :cool:

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I dont want my wifi connection interupted because I get a phone call while being tethered to my phone. You cant operate a business this way. 4G is a must.

the Thunderbolt wont bump you off if you get a call. simultaneous voice and data dude!
it will slow down to 3g speed but still.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I have the wifi version of the 10.1, and I must say this is an incredible device. Those who are getting yours for the first time will realize that Samsung did it right with this tablet.

I use the hotspot feature on my Evo 4g to connect to the internet whenever wifi is not available. However, I will say that I like the idea of a seperate data plan for the tablets.

Using the hotspot feature does require you to never be far from a charger. Otherwise, in my experience anyway, a dead phone battery will be the result.

I really wish that Samsung could have worked out a deal with the carriers to provide data on demand the way it's done on the iPad. No worry about contracts. Just activate, pay, use, and deactivate your data right on the tablet. This way you only use what you pay for. In my opinion, this is the way all data should be handled on tablets.

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
did it include sim card? and u cant move micro sim card to phones
Verizon Doesn

Yes, it came with my device. I would have flipped out lol

Is there any real difference between Verizon's normal and micro sims besides the size? What's to stop a thunderbolt/charge/revolution user from cutting their own sim and swapping devices using a sim adaptor like how att users do with the iPad?