Stylus for Note Taking?

PKayy

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting a stylus for the 10.1 and I question the accuracy of the tip. It appears to be a large black ball on the tip of a pen and I really question how accurate writing notes on the tab would be. I've already thought about purely typing but there are a few note taking things (i.e. circling, starring, connecting) that you can't do. Those of you with the styluses can probably tell me... Does it work well? or is writing with it just a bit frustrating? And a good app suggestion, if you claim the stylus to be a good, worth-while investment, would be nice.

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about getting a stylus for the 10.1 and I question the accuracy of the tip. It appears to be a large black ball on the tip of a pen and I really question how accurate writing notes on the tab would be. I've already thought about purely typing but there are a few note taking things (i.e. circling, starring, connecting) that you can't do. Those of you with the styluses can probably tell me... Does it work well? or is writing with it just a bit frustrating? And a good app suggestion, if you claim the stylus to be a good, worth-while investment, would be nice.

I had one of those capacitance stylus. They are pretty good on the accuracy BUT, you'll notice a huge lag as you try writing fast. For example, as you quickly script your name you'll notice that it seems there is a "ghost writer" as it tries to keep up. If you are going to use it primarily for make annotations, highlighting and such, it will work. If you are looking to turn your tablet into a virtual notepad so you can hand write everything down, you may be disappointed in the lag as it does get annoying.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
As to note-taking, anyone found a really good program like the buit-in Notes on the iPud? I have a couple, but they're mostly designed to be more like Post It sized, or lists, rather than a more expansive notebook style for seminars, etc.

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I like handrite from the market. It has several different paper types which makes writing on a straight line easier. There is considerable lag when writing.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

osc006

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I just got my Tab and updated TW on the same day....the pen memo app looks promising.

Any reccomendations on stylus? Best Buy brand?

nismo

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
pcmicrostore on ebay

Above is the ebay store where I bought one for $1.75 and it works absolutely great!!! The best thing about it it doesn't leave any smudges on the screen and it is very resposive....also tos in the fact that its under $2 and you have a great product....

neova333

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
YRUlL.jpg

iPad stylus,iPhone stylus, DAGi transparent accurate capacitive stylus, 精準電容觸控筆

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
pcmicrostore on ebay

Above is the ebay store where I bought one for $1.75 and it works absolutely great!!! The best thing about it it doesn't leave any smudges on the screen and it is very resposive....also tos in the fact that its under $2 and you have a great product....

thank you sir...bought 2 for $3.50, free shipping

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I have tried using a stylus with the notes app and it just doesn't work well. If you try to write small or fast the app messes up. I had high does and hopefully it will get updated in the future. I really think tablets need get strong pen support. I would love to see a wacom-honeycomb tablet.

Topdecker

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It might be overkill, but Adobe's Sketchbook allows you to zoom in which in turns allow you to be extremely accurate. There is no reason that you could not create your own grid as a layer, save it, and use it to guide your handwriting later.

I am using one of those $1.50 styli - I can see that a better styli might be useful (especially the transparent tips), but I am not exactly limping along since it works pretty well.

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I like handrite from the market. It has several different paper types which makes writing on a straight line easier. There is considerable lag when writing.

The recent update had an impact on typing using the keyboard, I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback on stylus based handwriting since the update and if the performance has changed at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde