Screen Protector

jaekim717

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey,

Is anyone using a screen protector for their galaxy tab? if so what brand? if not, why not? trying to decide if it's a good long term investment. i don't have a screen protector on my galaxy s, which has gorilla glass (the galaxy tab does not) and to be honest i do have 3 scratches on it. however, the scratches don't bother me and i hardly notice them.

i know bestbuy sells the zagg one for galaxy tabs for 30$ anyone have any experience with it?

ZAGG - InvisibleSHIELD for Samsung Galaxy Tablets - Clear - GBSAMGALTAB10S

rsix

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't, I use the Samsung official case which protects the screen when not in use. I don't worry about it while it's in use because I'm not doing anything that would damage it.

The GT 10.1 does have Gorilla Glass, so it does offer some good protection out of the box.

As far as the Zagg shield, it's good, but most complaints on it come from users trying to self install them and messing them up. If you're going to buy it it's recommended that you have them put it on (an extra $15 charge I believe).

bigsyd

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I use Armor Suit Military Shield and I got it for $13.95 on Amazon. Pretty simple to install. They have a youtube video on their website that has step-by-step instructions if you need them.

I'm satisfied with my installation and I feel much more comfortable with the screen being protected. I'm thinking about trying to find the same to put on my HTC Thunderbolt phone.

BTW, their shield has a lifetime replacement warranty.

Screen Protector & Skin Protector with ArmorSuit MilitaryShield | Clear Protective skins, Clear Protection Shields, Invisible Skin protector

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I use the Belkin screen protectors for the 10.1 vzw sells.
i have a wifi only and where i got it did not sell any screen protectors. vzw did not have them instock, but they ordered it for me and 2 day FedEx it to my home. When they arrived I went back to vzw and they installed it for me.
for such an expensive device Id rather have something on it then nothing..and I get 25% off accessories from vzw so it cost me $14 before taxes instead of $20! :p
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...PS://www.verizon.com/products/&token=Bwk87GuS

As said above the GT 10.1 DOES have GG! its on Corning's site : http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/...laxy-tab-101-features-corning®-gorilla®-glass

I saw the military SP the poster has above me here..the reason i avoided it was its a wet application...I tend to fear putting liquid anything on or near my devices :)

there are a lot of Sp out there, you just have to find one in your price range that fits your needs.
good luck!

Last edited:

jaekim717

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
thanks everyone for your help and info. didnt' realize this tab had gorilla glass! i was basically worried about scratching up my screen after dropping 599$ but now i realize maybe i have less to worry about. my biggest issue with screen protectors are they tend to feel tacky (sticky) to me and i like how easily i can glide my finger across the screen right now.

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I bought some cheap protectors from eBay...$10 for 5 of them. It went on pretty nice and easy and works as well as any of the others out there (knowing that I won't take a dremmel to my device).

tgc2

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Be careful when applying screen protector you get... be sure not use excess pressure... I would stay away from any screen protector that require for applications...although the galaxy tab is far superior to its competition (namely apple) in terms of hardware and over performance capabilities it is far less durable.... The most common complication people have been having with liquid application screen protectors and excessive force-------- MOISTURE BUILD UP UNDERNEATH THE SCREEN -- looks like thin film of oil and moves when depressing screen over --- to my knowledge this is permanent and cannot be fixed ( I have already returned 2 tabs due to this)

don't misunderstand I used no more liquid or pressure than I did when applying similar screen protectors to my ipad

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I work for Ghost Armor, if you go to the store its $40 to install the front and only $55 for the clear full body. That includes installation, and the lifetime warranty. I have it on mine and reduces the finger prints a lot! I would check them out to see if you like it.

doogan123

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi - I picked up my GT 10.1 yesterday - love it so far.

My qestion is on the impact of theses SP on the tab.

Does it change the touch sensors in any way?.
Does it impact the screen quality?

Much appreciated

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Hi - I picked up my GT 10.1 yesterday - love it so far.

My qestion is on the impact of theses SP on the tab.

Does it change the touch sensors in any way?.
Does it impact the screen quality?

Much appreciated

Ghost Armor won't mess with your touch sensitivity at all. I have it on mine and it works great.

bigsyd

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Armor Suit Military Shield....Feels a bit rubbery but i find it kind of funny....looks great.

I concur... and I know the rubbery feeling you speak of. But just like you, I think it looks great and the bubbles that remain after initial install do dissapear after a few days like they said. I have a nice, clean install that I'm happy with... all for under $20.

I'm actually thinking about ordering the same to go on my HTC Thunderbolt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci