Question. Galaxy Tab 10.1 problem free.

cbpagent72

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Question for you Tab 10.1 owners. Do you own a Galaxy Tab that is problem free and does not have any quirks or weird/annoying characteristics, such as screen not fully waking from sleep, or wi-fi not turning back on after waking from sleep, or browser crashes or dust under the screen...And was it your first one, or did you have to exchange?

Just wondering for my own curiosity, whether it's worth it to try to exchange, or if I should just live with my quirky Tab. The screen sometimes does not turn on all the way after waking from sleep, and just shows a black screen with the backlight on. Not the end of the world really.
I am on my third tab. The first one was a 16gb model and it kept freezing up after only two days of use. The second was a 32gb tab and it would not boot after it had been charged for an extended period of time. It would get so bad that after three days of ownership it took me almost 30 mins to get it to boot, when it was booted it had 98% battery and worked fine until the next long unattended charge. The third tab is a 32gb as well and so far so good, one thing to note is the third one is an unlocked tab.

LNWJ

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I still have it on mine... though I'm happy to report after rooting and flashing to CM9, the problem has gone away. =)

anon(549921)

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The only issue I have is that the wifi sometimes takes a while to reconnect from sleep mode, I'm running Galaxy Task 10 as my ROM and I understand that the wifi waking issue is to do with Honeycomb 3.2

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
The only issue I have is that the wifi sometimes takes a while to reconnect from sleep mode, I'm running Galaxy Task 10 as my ROM and I understand that the wifi waking issue is to do with Honeycomb 3.2

I am stock and do not have any wifi waking issue.

EVO-LUTION 3D

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I still have it on mine... though I'm happy to report after rooting and flashing to CM9, the problem has gone away. =)

The CM9 ROM is so nice...I really find I'm using my tablet so much more now because it runs so much better and the browsing experience is quite improved. Screen rotation transition is still a bit wonky, but that's just aesthetics, so I can deal with that. If you can live without the camera (and I sure can), it's a great ROM.

Hmmm...I haven't even tried to use the WIFI off feature on Android 4.0 yet, as I usually just leave WIFI on all the time, but if it works better than it did running HC, I may have to enable that feature again and try it out.

setiember

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine since Christmas and have had only one issue that wasn't even really an issue......my screen would go from bright to dim for no reason but once I reset it it went away.......:)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have had mine for a month now. Wifi only. Love it. I have Verizon's Mifi for my internet so can use it anytime . I am enjoying it. Still need my laptop bit this is a great tablet. Love the size. I had played either the 7 in as well. Larger 10.1 won me over

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

destinymouse

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I have had mine about a week and a half. Everything seems to work perfectly. My only complaint so far is the complete lack of documentation; like, "Here's how to turn it on, here's how to turn it off. Have a swell time, kid." .... Alright, I guess I am having a swell time with it, but a little more info would have been nice as this is my first Android adventure, hence, my appearance on this forum.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois