Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool Question. Galaxy Tab 10.1 problem free.

Question for you Tab 10.1 owners. Do you own a Galaxy Tab that is problem free and does not have any quirks or weird/annoying characteristics, such as screen not fully waking from sleep, or wi-fi not turning back on after waking from sleep, or browser crashes or dust under the screen...And was it your first one, or did you have to exchange?

Just wondering for my own curiosity, whether it's worth it to try to exchange, or if I should just live with my quirky Tab. The screen sometimes does not turn on all the way after waking from sleep, and just shows a black screen with the backlight on. Not the end of the world really.
    Coffee Addict

Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9/Franco Kernal

Default Re: Question. Galaxy Tab 10.1 problem free.

I had the screen wake issue, but then I did a reformat and it seemed to fix it. I am running a Touchwiz rom right now and also don't have the issue. Other than that, my tab has been problem free.
    I'm a tech junkie with a weak spot for Good Music, Good Beer, and Excellent Coffee.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

I got mine 2 days ago. Mine works perfectly (knock on wood), if mine had problems I would return it in a heartbeat.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

From what I've seen around the net the Gtab is quite good quality wise, and it was a big part of the reason why I decided to get the Tab instead of the Transformer.

As for my own experience, mine was pretty much perfect, no dust, dead pixels, creaks or anything of the sort. If I were in your position I would definitely exchange for a new one as it sounds like yours might have a hardware problem.

If you bought yours from Best Buy, make sure that you're getting a new one, as I've read some complaints about Best Buy giving customers used units when exchanging.

ROM
    Stock/Franco

Tw update Friday should fix any quirks that ppl have right now.
    Devices: Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7

Two in my family for about 6 weeks and no problems so far.

I've had mine almost 2 weeks. No issues at all.
    ptf

ROM
    Stock

Yes, mine is good, but this is my 3rd one.
    Motorola Droid X [OG] - Rooted, CM7
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 - Stock

I've had my first one for a week and it doesn't have problems except that the screen gets Newton rings if you press it really hard near the bottom left corner. (I never need to press it that hard though)

Quote Originally Posted by Fleabag323 View Post
    I've had my first one for a week and it doesn't have problems except that the screen gets Newton rings if you press it really hard near the bottom left corner. (I never need to press it that hard though)
    I had the first one for about an hour (never turned on or showed it was charging), second one has no issues except for the disappearing weatherbug widget, which I think is a software bug, along with not being able to sign into my Samsung account. I expect software bugs to be fixed with updates.

Global Posts
    2,443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

So far so good, just purchased the 4g model a few days ago. No noticeable faults so far. Running and looking like a champ. Only quirk is I cant organize my bookmarks and cant find task manager.

Had mine for a week, no outstanding issues so far. Has been a great device

ROM
    Stock

Mine has been flawless from Day 1 - return it if it has problems because that is unacceptable.
    DAS

Global Posts
    977 Global Posts

I have had mine for over a month now and it's been fairly problem free.

If I were you I would not worry about what others are experiencing. If your Tab is not performing to your liking then take it back and exchange it right away.

Another poster mentioned to be careful and make sure you get a new unit, and not one that is simply "new" to you.

Only had it for a few weeks but zero issues.

Have had Verizon version for a week, no issues at all.
    I just wish that Netflix for the 4GLTE worked...

Quote Originally Posted by PjD View Post
    Have had Verizon version for a week, no issues at all.
    I just wish that Netflix for the 4GLTE worked...
    Yeah, I can't believe it's not working on our LTE versions...
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Bauman View Post
    I had the screen wake issue, but then I did a reformat and it seemed to fix it. I am running a Touchwiz rom right now and also don't have the issue. Other than that, my tab has been problem free.
    Wait what? You had the same screen wake isue where you try to wake from sleep the backlight turns on but it just shows a plain black screen?

And it's gone now? What kind of reformat did u do? Normal factory reset, or some kind of other hard reset/reformat?

Thanks everyone for contributing your 2 cents! :-)

Mine has not had any of the issues you're describing. First unit, good from day 1 except for the annoying samsung account crash every bootup.
    bubbadog likes this.

Global Posts
    600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I have the WiFi wake and lock screen issues. Still stock. Pretty sure it is SW related and will eventually be fixed.
    bubbadog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyPenguin View Post
    Question for you Tab 10.1 owners. Do you own a Galaxy Tab that is problem free and does not have any quirks or weird/annoying characteristics, such as screen not fully waking from sleep, or wi-fi not turning back on after waking from sleep, or browser crashes or dust under the screen...And was it your first one, or did you have to exchange?

Just wondering for my own curiosity, whether it's worth it to try to exchange, or if I should just live with my quirky Tab. The screen sometimes does not turn on all the way after waking from sleep, and just shows a black screen with the backlight on. Not the end of the world really.
    I am on my third tab. The first one was a 16gb model and it kept freezing up after only two days of use. The second was a 32gb tab and it would not boot after it had been charged for an extended period of time. It would get so bad that after three days of ownership it took me almost 30 mins to get it to boot, when it was booted it had 98% battery and worked fine until the next long unattended charge. The third tab is a 32gb as well and so far so good, one thing to note is the third one is an unlocked tab.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Soo..... I think the Touchwiz Update has fixed the problem. :O Yay!

Global Posts
    600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I still have it on mine... though I'm happy to report after rooting and flashing to CM9, the problem has gone away. =)

Mine has been pretty perfect thus far. No issues.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    love my evo.

I've only had mine for a bit over a week, but so far it's problem free.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast