Who's got the TouchWiz OTA?

eclass82

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
IDK.. I have many mix feeling about the device/updates I really love this tablet.. but for the price that I paid the performance level should be top notch and I'm just not feeling it... anyone else

jezzerus

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Got mine this morning, love the update but not seeing the speed increase that all you guys are more is slow and unresponsive a lot of the time, i click on an icon and a few seconds later it opens, click in a text box and a few seconds later the keyboard pops up, definitely slower than before for me

1414H77

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Got mine this morning, love the update but not seeing the speed increase that all you guys are more is slow and unresponsive a lot of the time, i click on an icon and a few seconds later it opens, click in a text box and a few seconds later the keyboard pops up, definitely slower than before for me

I had the same problem. After doing a factory data reset, however, it became very fast.

eclass82

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I kinda have to agree on you on this,, taken bit longer to do normal things like opening widget area... hmmmm

mitaino9000

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Got my Tab yesterday and started playing with the stock honeycomb before I got the update. Updated as soon as the clock hit 12am. Downloaded the touchwiz ux which took forever considering I wanted to sleep but wanted to see this thing through. Finally after what seemed like an eternity I was able to look at the new touchwiz. Was disappointed that it was slow but after reading the forums I have just done a factory reset. Sure it will be faster. The other issue I have is that the bookmarks weren't syncing with chrome and the homepage won't start at the Google homepage but on most recent web pages. It is annoying so hopefully a factory reset will fix it b/c it worked before I updated it.

mitaino9000

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Also forgot to say that the stock android keyboard no longer vibrates when I use it even though vibration is enable. Again hopefully all these problems will be wiped with the factory reset/

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just finished updating - the process took a lot longer than I expected.

But overall I really like it. Overall the device seems quicker and snappier. The addition of the screenshot button is awesome for us techy types. The white-on-grey style is easier to read than blue-on-black so I like that as well. Overall, I hope this is the approach Samsung takes with their future tablets/phones rather than the heavy-handed approach of HTC.

tdiebold

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm having some serious issues with the update. I cannot get it to work at all.

I go to About Tablet, Update (check for software update) and when I click on it, literally nothing happens (except the sound indicating that I did click on it). I do not have automatically update checked.

I'm logged in to the Samsung Apps app. I have reset my password to see if that helps. I have logged in on both my laptop and my tab at samsungdive.com. I have filled out all that I know, but I still can't figure out how to install the update.

Can someone please direct me in the correct direction? It would be much appreciated!

The only thing that I can think is when I go to Settings>>Accounts & sync My samsung account shows sync is off.

When I click on my samsung account there is no option to edit the settings or to force it to autosync. The only option that I have is to remove the account. It will not allow me to remove the account unless I do a factory reset.

eclass82

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Are people getting better proformence results when doing a system restore? even after adding the same widget and icons they had before the restore??

Also: Battery any impacts and differences you notice with the update

charley

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Got the update last night at 920 pacific, suprising!
Battery on standby after I went to bed dropped 1% so, it's the same great battery life.

tdiebold

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm having some serious issues with the update. I cannot get it to work at all.

I go to About Tablet, Update (check for software update) and when I click on it, literally nothing happens (except the sound indicating that I did click on it). I do not have automatically update checked.

I'm logged in to the Samsung Apps app. I have reset my password to see if that helps. I have logged in on both my laptop and my tab at samsungdive.com. I have filled out all that I know, but I still can't figure out how to install the update.

Can someone please direct me in the correct direction? It would be much appreciated!

The only thing that I can think is when I go to Settings>>Accounts & sync My samsung account shows sync is off.

When I click on my samsung account there is no option to edit the settings or to force it to autosync. The only option that I have is to remove the account. It will not allow me to remove the account unless I do a factory reset.
I guess in response to myself. I figured out what was going on. Unfortunately it required a factory reset. It looks like I have things working now.

Anev

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Finally got it, failed the first time, failed the second time and finally on the third or was it fourth or fiveth it updated.

NOW, I want to go back. I feel like my wonderful and awesome looking device would fit better in my Mom's arsenal of devices with their larger and brighter displays. I loved the sleek black look, the blue on black was so pleasant on the eye.

Everything is HUGE now, the calender is hideous and way to large, I could see a full week from 7am to 7pm in a glance.

I'm reminded of my phone now with the dumb and useless screen icons on the top, why do I have to get a new tool bar, I loved the original and even though I'm a geek, I see no need to have a screen shot button on the front...that's like putting a mirror on your home page so you can check you looks every few minutes.

Speed, oh yeah, that is better - don't know if I can root it but I gave up on that a while back anyway. They fixed the apostrophe thing in Exchange which was very much needed and I'm sure I'll find other things but it's so freaking ugly!!!!!

mitaino9000

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Well I found out why my browser kept showing the Most recent tab. It was checked on in the labs section of the settings. Now that is one less headache. Bookmarks still not synced though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech