Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default TW Browser UA problem

Ever since the TW 'update', my browser doesn't seem to want to keep the 'Desktop' UA string setting (which I STILL have to change through debug, I might add).

Also, I can't seem to find the Home Page button anywhere in the browser. It used to be at the top of the Bookmarks page.

Any help would be appreciated.

ziggster

Default Re: TW Browser UA problem

Exact same problem! some sites are fine but others only open in mobile format, I have deleted the bookmarks gone to the full version sites, messed with the debug feature but it keeps switching back in some cases. Also no home button on the browser, loading a new window or opening browser takes you to frequently viewed sites. Love the update and my one complaint so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mheato View Post
    Exact same problem! some sites are fine but others only open in mobile format, I have deleted the bookmarks gone to the full version sites, messed with the debug feature but it keeps switching back in some cases. Also no home button on the browser, loading a new window or opening browser takes you to frequently viewed sites. Love the update and my one complaint so far.
    Same problem, what are the chances they fix this?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I'm bumping my own post just to say that I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW BUSH-LEAGUE THIS UPDATE IS. The browser WILL NOT STAY IN DESKTOP MODE, and you still have to go through debug to get it there. You can set a Homepage, but the browser will not use it. There is a place to arrange Bookmarks, but it doesn't seem to do a thing. And I'm just talking about the Browser.

I'm pretty invested in the Android ecosystem and have been for a while. That said, I can guarantee that they don't spend the first couple of weeks over at the Apple user-groups freaking out about how screwed up the latest os/ui upgrade is. As they are fond of saying, it just works.

I'm not a fanboy, and I'm not some troll. I AM a guy that spent $500 bucks on a tablet that used to operate just fine, but the folks over at the Phone/TV/DVD company (that apparently makes tablets as some kind of hobby) gave us an 'upgrade'.

There...I feel better. Thanks for listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mheato View Post
    i had the same complaint about the home page, until i found the answer. under setting> labs, there is a setting to turn off the display of the most frequently viewed pages. u then go to your home page. drove me nuts until i found it!
    Thanked by: