Are you happy with the Touchwiz update?

So, are you?

• Total voters

nate44

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Overall, it seems to run a little smoother and the keyboard lag is definitely gone. I could do without all the Samsung bloat but I'm pretty satisfied with it. How about you?

SassyPenguin

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm reeeeeeeeally pissed about losing the stock Honeycomb calendar, losing the nice alarm tones, don't like the new mini-app thing and screenshot placement, but I like the added thumb control option for the browser and the performance improvement so... Ya win some ya lose some eh

bobng

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I am a little annoyed that they advertised Printing with this upgrade. However printing is only with a Samsung printer. That sucks!

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I really like it!

However, If I were King for a day, and had a chance to change something about it, I would have provided more customization to the Touchwiz calendar (e,g., view schedule for mulitiple days), and would not have removed the option to see in a quick glance of "unread" email on the email widget.

I use my Tab for everday life (personal and business), and my main homescreen has both the calendar and email widgets. Stock Honeycomb had these working perfectly for my use, but the Touchwiz versions of both widgets have lost functionality for me that I really liked and used.

Otherwise, the experience has been good, and I would not go back to stock Honeycomb.

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
If I could go back and choose, I would probably opt out of TW. From what I understand, you eventually have to 'upgrade' in order to get Android 3.3 .

As I've stated in other posts, having to reset the UA string to Desktop in the browser every time you reboot drives me crazy and makes no sense. Removing the Homepage button from the browser makes no sense.

I guess it's kind of a subjective thing, but I would pass given the choice.

rinnr1

Press ALT-F4 to see nudes
May 12, 2010
Visit site
If I could go back and choose, I would probably opt out of TW. From what I understand, you eventually have to 'upgrade' in order to get Android 3.3 .

As I've stated in other posts, having to reset the UA string to Desktop in the browser every time you reboot drives me crazy and makes no sense. Removing the Homepage button from the browser makes no sense.

I guess it's kind of a subjective thing, but I would pass given the choice.

Is this true? I haven't updated yet and I'm holding out as long as I can because I like stock honeycomb and hate when a company makes your have to use their ****.

vaportrail

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Since the OTA update more or less bricked my tab, I can't say I was impressed.

Though I was able to flash the TW update using Odin to fix it thanks to xda. I used it for about a day and then decided to flash back to the 3.1 rom it shipped with.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Obviously it's not perfect but they fixed a lot of things that needed fixing. I can actually view a bunch of sites in PC view that previously forced me into mobile view.

ziggster

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Obviously it's not perfect but they fixed a lot of things that needed fixing. I can actually view a bunch of sites in PC view that previously forced me into mobile view.

How often do you have to go into debug to change your browser to Desktop view?

MonumentSquare

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Im really surprised to see so many people are saying this update sped anything up. Im finding that mine is really laggy now, specifically the browser, changing between apps, swiping between home screen pages. My tab was all stock, no rooting or any customizations really. Ive powered down and back up a few times and nothing changed. Generally disappointed, but holding out hope that these bugs shake out.

luvsmobile

Luvzmobile
Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine is much slower...wow. Android Media process eating 30 to 50% all the time. Did factory reset and its still the same.. Anyone else notice this?

tguolee

May 20, 2011
Visit site
While I initially was pretty happy (e.g. the email client works much better with my office's Exchange server), now I'm not so sure. Many of the apps won't update (Pulse, NY Times, Social Hub) and I can't download new apps.

Might not be TW's fault, but I can't think of anything else I've done besides updating that has changed...