Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Default Printing from Tab 10.1 with TW?

So I like TW so far. I am really a "Sense" guy, but TW is pretty nice on the Tab 10.1

I do remember one of the big features of TW is the ability to print from the Tab to a wi-fi printer. Yet I see NOTHING of the sort in documentation, help files, anywhere on the Tab, or anywhere else.

I do see - when I am reading mail from the MAIL client, the ability to PRINT an email. When clicked, it gives you a dialogue box saying "You can only print to Samsung printers. Continue?". What?

I understand them limiting that, but I do not recall hearing anything about only printing to Samsung printers. I didn't even know they made printers... but I guess it makes sense, since they make everything else.

Anyone else had any luck printing... to maybe an HP printer? I know there are software apps you can buy - but that would be a last resort for me.

thanks!

I setup google cloud print on my wife's tab. I'm not sure about printing emails but it works for files. Try looking it up, it might work for you.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Default Re: Printing from Tab 10.1 with TW?

So am I to understand that the only printer to be able to print directly from the GT is this one?

Laser Black and White Printer | Samsung ML-2525W - B&W Laser Printers

It is the only wireless one I found, and it's only black and White, and $149
    One Stone At a Time

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

I was pretty disappointed that I couldn't print to my HP wireless printer after the Touchwiz update. I'm hoping Samsung will allow printing to other printers soon. All I need is printing compatability with HP printers to completely replace my laptop.

Google cloud print, have you tried it?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sekao8 View Post
    url=http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/printers/ML-2525W/XAA]Laser Black and White Printer | Samsung ML-2525W - B&W Laser Printers[/url]

It is the only wireless one I found, and it's only black and White, and $149
    I've frequently seen that printer for $99 at Newegg.

Also, go to the market and search for "cloud print" or just "print." Perhaps you will find something that solves your printing problems.

EDIT: Printer you listed is $65 today... Not selling it, just noticed it since I check the deals daily.

Very pissed at samsung. Had tab 10.1 with original Honeycomb build. Worked great with my network attached enterprise HP printer. I finally broke down and accepted the Samsung update so the UI would match my newer tab 7 plus.

Now the tab 10.1 says it will only print to Samsung printers! Are you effing kidding me? Does Samsung think this will get me to buy a Samsung printer? No. It will make me more likely to NOT BUY SAMSUNG at all.

If you are listening Samsung, please fix it you shameless jerks.

ROM
    GTAB TASK650 ICS ROM

Just search the market, most printer manufacturers have apps. I have a Brother printer and can print easily from my tab.

I have used printbot

ROM
    GTAB TASK650 ICS ROM

I have a Brother printer and they do an app, I can print anything from my Tab with it. Most major manufacturers have similar apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownstar69 View Post
    I have a Brother printer and they do an app, I can print anything from my Tab with it. Most major manufacturers have similar apps.
    How do you print a web page from the Tab to a Brother printer? - their app says you can do PDFs and photos.

ROM
    GTAB TASK650 ICS ROM

Take a screenshot of the web page and then print it, but its not something I would do very often.

Quote Originally Posted by LuminalDust View Post
    How do you print a web page from the Tab to a Brother printer? - their app says you can do PDFs and photos.

Thumbs down Re: Printing from Tab 10.1 with TW?

Couldn't agree more. If Samsung want their tabs to be accepted by a wider audience then they must be more universal. I personally would not be blackmailed into buying their printers. I'll just go back to my laptop or main PC?

I use Printer Share. It is a paid app but has worked flawlessly when printing from my Samsung Tab, Droid Razr, and Nexus tab. Well worth the money in my opinion.

HP ePrint Home&Biz...free. Needs Wifi connection.