Lockscreen issue... Someone help I dont want to factory reset!

bpacheco89

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys

Loving my Samsung galaxy tab so far... Just got touchwiz update the 2nd day i got it and I do love the update it adds a lot of useful features and some nice changes...

My issue is this: No matter how much I try or what I do, I CANNOT change my lockscreen wallpaper to anything but the stock orange screen.

I suspect its a bug with the TouchWiz update and no matter what I use to change it, it wont budge.

Ive used the standard gallery, quickpic gallery, desktop gallery and nothing! It wont even change to another "stock" wallpaper gallery image...

Its just stuck on that horrible stock orange lockscreen. My regular wallpaper is fine and changes whenever I want.

Any help would be appreciated and if its a bug hopefully Samsung/Google can fix it and update it.

Thanks

Yesterday, 02:01 PM

bubbadog

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Lockscreen issue... Someone help I dont want to factory reset

You asked this question yesterday & I told you where to change it. It works, I have changed it several times.

Did you go to settings, select lockscreen, select the one you want then touch ok in the upper right corner? It works for me.

NHLou

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Hey guys

Loving my Samsung galaxy tab so far... Just got touchwiz update the 2nd day i got it and I do love the update it adds a lot of useful features and some nice changes...

My issue is this: No matter how much I try or what I do, I CANNOT change my lockscreen wallpaper to anything but the stock orange screen.

I suspect its a bug with the TouchWiz update and no matter what I use to change it, it wont budge.

Ive used the standard gallery, quickpic gallery, desktop gallery and nothing! It wont even change to another "stock" wallpaper gallery image...

Its just stuck on that horrible stock orange lockscreen. My regular wallpaper is fine and changes whenever I want.

Any help would be appreciated and if its a bug hopefully Samsung/Google can fix it and update it.

Thanks

Yesterday, 02:01 PM
Hi. Hold down the screen to pull up the option to add app, shortcuts, widgets, etc to your honeycomb screens. Select Wallpapers. You will be given three options: Galley, Live Wallpapers, and Wallpapers. Select whichever you want to use. A screen will popup: Set as Home scree Wallpaper or Lock screen Wallpaper. Select Lock screen.

That should do it. Good luck with it.

Lou

bpacheco89

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
You asked this question yesterday & I told you where to change it. It works, I have changed it several times.

Did you go to settings, select lockscreen, select the one you want then touch ok in the upper right corner? It works for me.

Thank you! Here's what I discovered : I had to clear quick pic from my defaults and crop it with the original gallery application for it to work! Thanks man

genkilljoy

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

You see you make my case....Everyone who can't nor knows what he or she is doing blames the new GUI and scares off people from download a perfectly good update....Learn and do before you post and blame someone or something for your lack of knowledge . People depend on these forums for proven information not misinformation.

Reactions: tkemack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech