Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    jrmarinojr's Avatar

    Posts
    163 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Question GMail Time

    For some reason all of my emails are coming in time stamped 4 hours ahead. For example an email received 6 pm my time will show 10 pm. Time on my tablet is correct and most senders live in my time zone.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  
    jrmarinojr's Avatar

    Posts
    163 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: GMail Time

    Also, my calendar shows 4 hours ahead. Not good!
  3. #3  

    Default Re: GMail Time

    Have you checked your time zone settings?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    jrmarinojr's Avatar

    Posts
    163 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: GMail Time

    Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Nation View Post
    Have you checked your time zone settings?
    Yes, time zone is set right which is why the time on the bottom right of the toolbar is correct. Time only changes in calendar/Gmail....anyone have this issue?????
  5. #5  
    Kevin Gossett's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    1,690 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

    Default Re: GMail Time

    What about the time zone settings within the calendar? Don't know why it would be different, but worth a shot
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: GMail Time

    I had the same issue, your time zone is incorrect. It's shipped this way from the factory. The clock set's itself to the right time because you set it when you setup your tab. The time zone is incorrect. Correct the time zone, then correct the clock, and you will be all better.

    Promise!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    jrmarinojr's Avatar

    Posts
    163 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: GMail Time

    Quote Originally Posted by timberga View Post
    I had the same issue, your time zone is incorrect. It's shipped this way from the factory. The clock set's itself to the right time because you set it when you setup your tab. The time zone is incorrect. Correct the time zone, then correct the clock, and you will be all better.

    Promise!
    Okay thanks - will check when I get home.
  8. #8  
    osc006's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timberga View Post
    I had the same issue, your time zone is incorrect. It's shipped this way from the factory. The clock set's itself to the right time because you set it when you setup your tab. The time zone is incorrect. Correct the time zone, then correct the clock, and you will be all better.

    Promise!
    I'm having the same problem. My Gmail and exchange times are one hour off. I verify my timezone in system settings and its correct. Any change to that seems to only change system clock.

    Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
  9. #9  

    Default Re: GMail Time

    My timezone was set to GMT, but I am on the east coast. Change timezone and then reset the time.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    jrmarinojr's Avatar

    Posts
    163 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: GMail Time

    Quote Originally Posted by timberga View Post
    I had the same issue, your time zone is incorrect. It's shipped this way from the factory. The clock set's itself to the right time because you set it when you setup your tab. The time zone is incorrect. Correct the time zone, then correct the clock, and you will be all better.

    Promise!
    Time is now correct in the calendar however gmail is still 4 hours ahead. When you say correct the time zone, do you mean in general settings or in gmail? If I put my correct time zone in general settings my clock on the bottom right puts me 4 hours behind. What the hell is going on here?
  11. #11  

    Default Re: GMail Time

    Quote Originally Posted by jrmarinojr View Post
    Time is now correct in the calendar however gmail is still 4 hours ahead. When you say correct the time zone, do you mean in general settings or in gmail? If I put my correct time zone in general settings my clock on the bottom right puts me 4 hours behind. What the hell is going on here?
    Change your time zone to the correct one for your location.....the time in the bottom right will be wrong.....then change the time to be the correct time. Thats it.
  12. #12  
    osc006's Avatar

    Posts
    62 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by timberga View Post
    Change your time zone to the correct one for your location.....the time in the bottom right will be wrong.....then change the time to be the correct time. Thats it.
    That's what I did to fix mine.

    Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  
    jrmarinojr's Avatar

    Posts
    163 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: GMail Time

    Fixed. Didn't even realize it allowed you to change the actual clock other than changing the time zone. That option in the settings completely missed my eyes. You would think this thing would be a little more automated!

Posting Permissions