Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Question GMail Time

For some reason all of my emails are coming in time stamped 4 hours ahead. For example an email received 6 pm my time will show 10 pm. Time on my tablet is correct and most senders live in my time zone.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: GMail Time

Also, my calendar shows 4 hours ahead. Not good!

Have you checked your time zone settings?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Droid_Nation View Post
    Have you checked your time zone settings?
    Yes, time zone is set right which is why the time on the bottom right of the toolbar is correct. Time only changes in calendar/Gmail....anyone have this issue?????
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    1,688 Global Posts
    ROM
    GummyCharge 1.9.1

What about the time zone settings within the calendar? Don't know why it would be different, but worth a shot
    Telling a member to "search" is not the answer to a question.

I had the same issue, your time zone is incorrect. It's shipped this way from the factory. The clock set's itself to the right time because you set it when you setup your tab. The time zone is incorrect. Correct the time zone, then correct the clock, and you will be all better.

Promise!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by timberga View Post
    I had the same issue, your time zone is incorrect. It's shipped this way from the factory. The clock set's itself to the right time because you set it when you setup your tab. The time zone is incorrect. Correct the time zone, then correct the clock, and you will be all better.

Promise!
    Okay thanks - will check when I get home.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Promise!
    I'm having the same problem. My Gmail and exchange times are one hour off. I verify my timezone in system settings and its correct. Any change to that seems to only change system clock.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

My timezone was set to GMT, but I am on the east coast. Change timezone and then reset the time.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

ROM
    Stock

Promise!
    Time is now correct in the calendar however gmail is still 4 hours ahead. When you say correct the time zone, do you mean in general settings or in gmail? If I put my correct time zone in general settings my clock on the bottom right puts me 4 hours behind. What the hell is going on here?

Quote Originally Posted by jrmarinojr View Post
    Time is now correct in the calendar however gmail is still 4 hours ahead. When you say correct the time zone, do you mean in general settings or in gmail? If I put my correct time zone in general settings my clock on the bottom right puts me 4 hours behind. What the hell is going on here?
    Change your time zone to the correct one for your location.....the time in the bottom right will be wrong.....then change the time to be the correct time. Thats it.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Change your time zone to the correct one for your location.....the time in the bottom right will be wrong.....then change the time to be the correct time. Thats it.
    That's what I did to fix mine.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

ROM
    Stock

Fixed. Didn't even realize it allowed you to change the actual clock other than changing the time zone. That option in the settings completely missed my eyes. You would think this thing would be a little more automated!