Has anyone installed Touchwiz update in the last 24hrs?

kayropr

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone installed the Touchwiz updated in the last 24hrs? When I installed last Friday's update I was one of the lucky people whose Tab broke... I guess that was a feature. I found a post here (Touchwiz Update, Galaxy Won't Boot) with a few people describing the exact same problem I was having so I called Samsung and sent the Tab for repair. I got it back yesterday and found out that the repair center did not install the update... a huge disappointment to me. I was hopping they would do it. Now when I try to update the tab it tells me there is no update available. I installed the newest version of Kies and the software tells me that I have the latest firmware. I called Samsung support and they tell me the update is currently not available and should be in a couple of days. The support guys said that he was waiting to update his Ta too cause he supposedly didn't do it last week... Now, every time I said: "so you guys pulled back the update" he never said "Yes", he kept repeating that the update would be available in a couple of days... so going back to my question at the top Has anyone updated their tab recently, between yesterday and today? I'm trying to figure out if it was all BS and maybe Samsung didn't properly fixed my Tab. I just realized that flash wasn't even pre-installed in the Tab like when I got it back in June.

Edit: It is 2:56AM CST and still no luck with the update on my 32G WiFi Only SGT 10.1 which I pre-ordered thru Amazon.

Last edited:

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
i just bought the tablet today and i'm very pissed that I cant get touchwiz on it

its pretty much the reason why i returned my xoom and got the tab

kayropr

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so it is not BS. Well, the Support guys said a couple of days we will see... maybe they are trying to fix the code that broke mine and some others last week... yeah right! ;)

well, we will have to wait and see then.

Thanks for posting!

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I suspect some of you guys have the Verizon version. If so, you must wait like the rest of us had to

sent to you in three dimensions

bdGDL08

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok. For anyone having trouble getting the update... I talked to Samsung today to see if they could help me with my update. The official word is that, over the weekend, after the update was first released, their servers were overloaded. Now, they are capping the daily downloads of the update, somewhere around 2000 a day. I'm not sure when the download count resets, I'm assuming sometime around midnight Pacific time, but that's just a guess. Hope this helps; I still haven't gotten my update.

~Drew

~Drew

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Same with me. I went on vacation and couldn't get the update. When I came back, I was so excited to get the update but then it said there was no update available. So is it coming back or not? Will I ever get the update? Btw I have the wifi version.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.

Last edited:

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I gave up on waiting, rooted the device and installed a ROM that has Touchwiz

....couldn't be more happy

:D

Cool. I was thinking about doing that, but I want to keep my device stock. I really hope touchwiz comes soon.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
What are the benefits of stayin stock?

nothing really but I chatted with a Samsung agent who gave me the following info.

Agent: "Samsung is aware that some customers have experienced problems playing MediaHub content. We are working on a fix and will implement it as quickly as possible. Samsung is committed to providing the highest quality viewing experience for its mobile users. The update is temporarily halted to fix a software bug with Media Hub. It will resume once the fix has been added.

Me: how long until the update will be resumed?

Agent: I'm sorry; do not have exact date for update resume.

Me: ok, well it should not be to long of a wait, right?

Agent: Yes, you are right.

Hopefully this guy is right.:):):):):):):):):):):):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

superlawyer15

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Honestly there's no reason not to root

You get the update now and the roms are a lot better then anything that samsung will give us

Also the procedure to root is very easy it only took me five minutes

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Uggh I want the TouchWiz update for my Tab! There are so many good features and widgets that you get with it! =( I even download Kies to see if that would help. Nothin!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463