1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Belking Ultrathin Folio vs Samsung Book Case Cover

I currently have the Galaxy tab and a Belkin - Ultrathin Folio case that I bought from Best Buy because I needed something right away for a trip. The case is ok but a little bulky. I don't have a lot of complaints but I was reading the thread on the Samsung case and it looks like it might be better. No way to compare without ordering one though.

Does anyone have both or either have experience with both that could tell me with one they prefer and why? My biggest complaint with the Belkin is that I can't take it out easily so I always use it in the case. Sort of makes the thinness and light weight a waste though it seems.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Belking Ultrathin Folio vs Samsung Book Case Cover

IMO, the Samsung case is simply amazing. The perfect compliment to your sexy, thin tablet. No extra bulk. The rigid case conforms perfectly, and is easy enough to pop-out when you want.

My wife has the Belkin case on her iPad. Two words describe: Thick, bulky.

I also purchased the Belkin case at Best Buy when I bought my Galaxy Tab 10.1 because that was all they had and I wanted a case. Since then I found the Samsung book cover at Compusa here in town and bought it and I love it. It is much thinner and better looking than the Belkin case IMO. In fact, because it is so thin and nice, I really never bother taking it off.

I originally also bought the belkin case and eventually returned it for the samsung case, no comparison. The samsung case is perfect for the tab, get it!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Well, starting to look like a no brainer. Thanks for replies. I'll probably take the Belkin back next week then.

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts

I can't understand why BB doesn't carry the case, or anyone else for that matter. I can get either dock and the USB dongle, but just a bad Belkin case. I bought it at first, because I needed a case, but quickly returned it. I had a hard time getting it in the case, and didn't like it at all. Now, I can't seem to find the official case, other than online. I am leaving town, so I'm going to try to get it at a Staples store tomorrow morning.

~Drew
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Does anyone know if hhgreg carries them in store? We have one of those in town but I never go there normally.

Global Posts
    9 Global Posts

I, like you, originally had the Belkin case. I went ahead and took a gamble and ordered the Samsung case. There really is no comparison between the two, the Samsung case is perfect. Adds little bulk, more protection and just looks cooler than the Belkin. (Not to mention the Belkin case I purchase had an odd odor to it.)

Anyway, go with the Samsung case...no comparison.

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts
    ROM
    both stock

i had the Belkin case and returned it for the reasons mentioned above, it was good for the interim until i could find the samsung case. the samsung case is pure heaven.

I actually bought mine from the local HHgregg store, they had the tab and pretty much just the case and BB had the tab and the other items but not the samsung case, pretty funny if you ask me.
    You play for the CREST on the front, not the name on the back!!!

Global Posts
    2,443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

I just returned my belkin case yesterday and my samsung case should arrive today. Again, belkin too bulky and hard as heck to get out of the case. Cant wait to receive the new samsung case.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Where can I get the Samsung case? Does Verizon Cary it?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    DAS

Global Posts
    976 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by osc006 View Post
    Where can I get the Samsung case? Does Verizon Cary it?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    Yes. Verizon does carry book cover case. Unfortunately, you'll pay the full $60 for it.

An alternative is to get the Samsung book cover case for $42.98 or the pouch cover for $19.95 through Amazon.

I just got the Samsung book cover case after using the Belkin folio case for 2 weeks. It looks a lot better and feels a lot nicer. nice and thin. The Belkin is more functional though. Easier to use the back camera with the Belkin case. With the Samsung case I have to use it upside down (not too bad since it rotates. Belkin gives you more viewing angles and a bit more protection. I have both now but will primarily use the Samsung case. For me, it's form over function (at least with the case).

Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM9...on both devices

Quote Originally Posted by joeym2 View Post
    I just got the Samsung book cover case after using the Belkin folio case for 2 weeks. It looks a lot better and feels a lot nicer. nice and thin. The Belkin is more functional though. Easier to use the back camera with the Belkin case. With the Samsung case I have to use it upside down (not too bad since it rotates. Belkin gives you more viewing angles and a bit more protection. I have both now but will primarily use the Samsung case. For me, it's form over function (at least with the case).
    I have this Belkin case: Verve Folio Stand for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Got it at Sprint when I got my Tab and honestly its perfect for my needs. It offers alot of protection, a bunch of different viewing angles and looks very professional. All be it, it is alittle bulky. But it is a very high quality case in my opinion, it's Belkin so that shouldn't be a surprise.

I did have one issue with it though, the way that they designed the piece of leather to hold the Tab in place. It's a thin piece of leather that folds over the bottom of the Tab and tucks in between the case and the Tab its self. When you fold over the front flap of the case and are holding the Tab in your hands to use it. The Tab ever so slightly and ever so slowly slides out. Not to the point were its going to slip out, it just makes getting to the power button and volume rocker hard to get to.

It started to annoy me a bit, so I figured out a fix for it. I had some Velcro strips laying around, so I cut 2 pieces about 2 inches long. I put the softer side of the Velcro on the I side of the case where I knew the case woud rub up against the Tab when I took it in and out and I put the other side on the out side of the leather flap. Now when I slide my Tab in and tuck that leather flap in nice and tight, my Tab stays right where it needs to.

I've looked at a few other cases just to day and the mall and at Verizon. I did like the one from Samsung but it just didn't seem to offer the protection this Belkin does. And that's what I'm after... Protection!!! I'm a chef and use my Tab and EverNote as my "Kitchen Bible"(all of my recipes for my menu) at so it's bulkiness counts.

Sent from my Galaxy10.1 TouchWiz/ADWex equipped Starship.
    Devices: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic Touch 4G
    Samsung Galaxy10.1 16gb, Wifi

I am going to echo what a lot of others have posted: I owned both and i returned the Belkin and kept the Samsung. The Belkin felt like an over sized sweater on the tab and it looked cheap. The Samsung one is very thin, sturdy and looks very good on the TAB.
    Last edited by dmcman73; 08-22-2011 at 01:44 PM.

I too have both and for someone who bought the tab for its sleek profile, I prefer the book case cover. However, before I picked up the book case cover I did install the carbon fiber armor from bodyguardz and it doesn't interfere with case. I guess if your concerned about protection but still want to keep it slim, this one way to go about it.

There are very few "branded" samsung accessories in most of BB stores.. Most sales of a tablet include accessories.. if you needed both.. and BB did not have it then guess what BB would be glad to sell you an ipad.. with all the accessories to match right there in stock.. what's that tell you about which brand BB would rather sell.... The BB reps get a "spiff" when they sell apple accessories and the tablet.. go figure..

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPhilly View Post
    I have this Belkin case: Verve Folio Stand for Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Got it at Sprint when I got my Tab and honestly its perfect for my needs. It offers alot of protection, a bunch of different viewing angles and looks very professional. All be it, it is alittle bulky. But it is a very high quality case in my opinion, it's Belkin so that shouldn't be a surprise.

I did have one issue with it though, the way that they designed the piece of leather to hold the Tab in place. It's a thin piece of leather that folds over the bottom of the Tab and tucks in between the case and the Tab its self. When you fold over the front flap of the case and are holding the Tab in your hands to use it. The Tab ever so slightly and ever so slowly slides out. Not to the point were its going to slip out, it just makes getting to the power button and volume rocker hard to get to.

It started to annoy me a bit, so I figured out a fix for it. I had some Velcro strips laying around, so I cut 2 pieces about 2 inches long. I put the softer side of the Velcro on the I side of the case where I knew the case woud rub up against the Tab when I took it in and out and I put the other side on the out side of the leather flap. Now when I slide my Tab in and tuck that leather flap in nice and tight, my Tab stays right where it needs to.

I've looked at a few other cases just to day and the mall and at Verizon. I did like the one from Samsung but it just didn't seem to offer the protection this Belkin does. And that's what I'm after... Protection!!! I'm a chef and use my Tab and EverNote as my "Kitchen Bible"(all of my recipes for my menu) at so it's bulkiness counts.

Sent from my Galaxy10.1 TouchWiz/ADWex equipped Starship.
    Yes the Belkin "folio" holds the tab in a little looser than the ultra thin.

I wish BB would get the case. I got a $30 gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

Seems like most people agree that the Samsung cover is better...but what about viewing angles? I don't have either cover yet, but would like to prop up the tab on my desk...will the Samsung cover do that? It looks from the photos like it would just slide down...??? Thanks.

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rw0749 View Post
    There are very few "branded" samsung accessories in most of BB stores.. Most sales of a tablet include accessories.. if you needed both.. and BB did not have it then guess what BB would be glad to sell you an ipad.. with all the accessories to match right there in stock.. what's that tell you about which brand BB would rather sell.... The BB reps get a "spiff" when they sell apple accessories and the tablet.. go figure..
    BBy employees do not get "spiffs" for selling apple products, non-commision.